Jennifer McBride, Ph.D.
- Call 216.445.1395
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Undergraduate - South Dakota State University
Brookings, SD USA
Graduate School - Purdue University
West Lafayette, IN USA
Currently, Dr. McBride serves as chair of Anatomy Faculty/Faculty Development for the Federative International Programme for Anatomical Education and is an Elected Senator for the School of Medicine in the Case Western Reserve University Senate. She also serves as an Editorial Board Member for the journal Anatomical Sciences Education.
Previously, Dr. McBride has had the opportunity to serve in various leadership roles in the American Association for Anatomy including; Chair of the Educational Affairs Committee, as a member of the Board of Directors and as an Associate Editor for one of the societies journals, Anatomical Sciences Education.
Dr. McBride has also served in various roles on the Faculty Council for the Case Western Reserve School of Medicine including; Chair, Cleveland Clinic Institutional Representative, Steering Committee member and Nominations and Elections Committee member.
Awards & Honors
- Caregiver Celebrations Appreciation Award for Teamwork - Cleveland Clinic Education Institute, 2021
- Caregiver Celebrations Appreciation Award for Teamwork - Cleveland Clinic Education Institute, 2019
- Caregiver Celebrations Appreciation Award for Compassion - Cleveland Clinic Education Institute, 2018
- Scholarship in Teaching - Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of Case Western Reserve University 2017
- Caregiver Celebrations Excellence Award for Individual Service in the Body Donation Program -Cleveland Clinic Education Institute, 2015
- Caregiver Celebrations Excellence Award for Body Donation Team service - Cleveland Clinic Education Institute, 2014
- Scholarship in Teaching - Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of Case Western Reserve University 2014
- The Kaiser-Permanente Award for Excellence in Teaching - Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of Case Western Reserve University 2013 (2)
- Scholarship in Teaching - Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of Case Western Reserve University 2013
- Scholarship in Teaching - Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of Case Western Reserve University 2012
- Scholarship in Teaching - Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of Case Western Reserve University 2011
- Recognition for Dedicated Service in the College of Medicine Educational Programs - 2011
Scholarship in Teaching - Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of Case Western Reserve University 2010
- Scholarship in Teaching - Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of Case Western Reserve University 2009
- Distinguished Educator Award Level 1 - Cleveland Clinic Education Institute 2009
Scholarship in Teaching - Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of Case Western Reserve University 2008
Innovations & Patents
- Worked on the development of an apparatus and method for treating chronic headache and/or facial pain.
- American Association for Anatomy
- International Association of Medical Science Educators
- Association of American Medical Colleges
- Association for Medical Education in Europe
- Association of Anatomy, Cell Biology and Neurobiology Chairpersons
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 12/1/2021, Dr. McBride has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.