Treatment & Services
- Cardiovascular Medicine Department
- Non-Invasive Diagnostic Testing
- Non-invasive Testing for Vascular Disease
- Pseudoaneurysm Injection
- Vascular Medicine Section
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Adverse Effects Anticoagulants
- Amaurosis Fugax
- Aortic Aneurysms
- Atherosclerosis (vascular)
- Blood Clots
- Cardiovascular Risk Prevention
- Carotid Artery Disease
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Cerebrovascular Occlusive Disease
- Coumadin Skin Necrosis
- Cystic Adventitial Disease
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) - Vascular Type IV
- External Iliac Artery Endofibrosis
- Factor V Leiden
- Fibromuscular Dysplasia (FMD)
- Heart Related Illnesses
- Heparin-induced Thrombocytopenia
- Hepatic Artery Aneurysm
- High Cholesterol
- Hypertension - High Blood Pressure
- Iliac Artery Aneurysm
- Iliac Artery Occlusion (blockage)
- Klippel-Trenaunay Syndrome (KTS)
- Leg Circulation Problems
- Marfan Syndrome
- Peripheral Artery Disease
- Popliteal Artery Aneurysms
- Popliteal Artery Entrapment Syndrome
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Raynaud's Phenomenon
- Renal Artery Disease
- Renovascular Hypertension
- Spontaneous Coronary Artery Dissection (SCAD)
- Swollen Leg
- Takayasu's Arteritis
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Thromboangitis Obliterans
- Vascular Diseases
- Visceral Artery Aneurysms
- Visceral Ischemic Syndrome
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Brigham & Women's Hospital
Fellowship - Brigham & Women's Hospital
Other - Brigham & Women's Hospital
Chief Medical Resident
Residency - Brigham & Women's Hospital
Internship - Brigham & Women's Hospital
Medical School - University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine
Chicago, IL USA
Graduate - Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
Baltimore, MD USA
Undergraduate - Johns Hopkins University
Baltimore, MD USA
- Vascular ultrasound credentials: registered vascular technologist
- Registered physician in vascular interpretation
- Medical Director, Non-Invasive Vascular Laboratory
- Board Of Directors, Intersocietal Accreditation Commission - Vascular Testing
- President-Elect, Society for Vascular Medicine
- Editor in Chief, Vascular Medicine
Fibromuscular dysplasia (FMD) and related disorders, peripheral artery disease and claudication, vascular ultrasound, non-invasive testing for vascular disease, venous thromboembolism, peripheral vascular disorders, Raynaud's phenomenon
Awards & Honors
- 2010 American Red Cross of Greater Cleveland Hero Award Finalist
- 2009 Founders Award, Fibromuscular Dysplasia Society of America
- 2006 William F. Keating Award, American College of Cardiology
- 2002 Chief Medical Resident, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- 1999 Starfish Award for Compassionate Patient Care, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- 1998 Arnold Dunne Medical Intern Award, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- 1996 Alpha Omega Alpha Honorary Medical Society
- 1996 Calvin Fentress Research Award, University of Chicago
Innovations & Patents
- Patent No. US 9,211,070 B2, Evaluation of Peripheral Arterial Disease in a Patient Using An Oscillometric Pressure Signal Obtained at a Lower Extremity of the Patient.
- Fellow, American College of Cardiology
- Fellow, American Heart Association
- Fellow, Society for Vascular Medicine
- Society for Vascular Ultrasound
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 5/3/2016, Dr. Gornik has reported the financial relationships with the companies listed below. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Royalty Payments. Dr. Gornik receives or has the right to receive royalty payments for inventions or discoveries commercialized through the companies shown below:
- FlexLife Health, Inc. (Financial Interest is donated)
- Summit Doppler Systems, Inc.
Right to Future Distribution of Cleveland Clinic Financial Interest. Dr. Gornik may receive future financial benefits from the Cleveland Clinic for inventions or discoveries commercialized through the companies shown below:
- FlexLife Health, Inc. (Financial Interest is donated)
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
112 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||5|
|Knows Medical History||5|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.9|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.9|
13 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Nov 28, 2016
my pain was addressed and a solution discussed.
Reviewed on Nov 16, 2016
Dr Gornik is a marvelous, compassionate and infinitely capable Physician. I appreciate Dr. Gornik's knowledge and interest in FMD and the extensive research and information she has done.
Reviewed on Oct 19, 2016
Dr. Gornik always listens to my concerns about my condition or medication and has always managed to improve my situation.
Reviewed on Sep 7, 2016
Dr. Gornik is an excellent doctor. She is very thorough and considerate of the patient.
Reviewed on Aug 31, 2016
Dr. Heather Gornik & her staff are the best!
Reviewed on Jul 18, 2016
I love the Cleveland clinic. Best care on earth.
Reviewed on May 26, 2016
Everyone at the clinic, from the parking attendant to the doctor herself, exceeded my highest expectations. I traveled over 800 miles to see Dr. Gornik, and I would do it again. I have worked in a medical center for 15 years, and know what patient-centered care should be. Cleveland Clinic is not only a well oiled machine, but they treat their patients with the utmost care, sensitivity, and respect!
Reviewed on May 17, 2016
I live in Bellevue, Washington and see Dr. Gornik about every other year. She first saw me in June 2011, again in 2013 and for the visit last week. She coordinates care for me with my local provider. I have Fibromuscular Dyplasia, a rare vascular disease. Dr. Gornik and her staff provide excellent care and I have referred several other patients to her. The Cleveland Clinic is well deserving of it's world class medical facility reputation and Dr. Gornik and her patients exemplify that level of patient care! I am proud to be a patient of the Cleveland Clinic and am sorry that the geographic distance prevents me from being seen there more often.
Reviewed on May 13, 2016
Dr. Gornik is excellent in every way, I fly from out of state to see her and wouldn't dream of going anywhere else. I am an employed physician in a large healthcare organization myself and I am always impressed with everything I see and experience at the Cleveland Clinic. Keep up the fantastic work.
Reviewed on Apr 27, 2016
Dr Gornik is extremely professional. She honestly wants to know how I am physically and emotionally. I'd recommend her to any of my friends and family.
Reviewed on Apr 25, 2016
Dr. Gornik has been a blessing in my life and I always look forward to seeing her. She is an outstanding physician - passionate, knowledgeable, and thorough. She also happens to be a very genuine and caring person who is truly a doctor for all of the right reasons. What a gem!
Reviewed on Mar 23, 2016
Dr Gornik is the best of the best. I am not thrilled with the medical condition that led me to her, but I cannot imagne a better specialist in her field. I am honored to be her patient.
Reviewed on Feb 3, 2016
Dr. Gornic is an awesome doctor. I feel so fortunate to be in her care. I do not worry about my condition as long as she is taking such excellent care of me. The Cleveland Clinic is fortunate to have her on staff.
© 2016 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.