Treatment & Services
- Department of Pediatric Neurology & Neurosurgery
- Neonatal Neurology
- Pediatric Neuroscience
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- AIDS & HIV
- Developmental Delays
- Neonatal Neurological Problems
- Pediatric And Adolescent Syncope And Other Autonomic Disorders.
- Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis And Other White Matter Disorders
- Pediatric Neuromuscular Diseases
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Residency - Royal University Hospital
Fellowship - British Columbia's Children's Hospital
Vancouver, British Columbia,
Residency - Hospital for Sick Children
Fellowship - University of Natal-Faculty of Medicine
Fellowship - University of Natal-Faculty of Medicine
Residency - King Edward VIII Hospital
Internship - King Edward VIII Hospital
Internal Medicine/ General Surgery
Medical School - Universityof Kwazulu-Natal College of Health Sciences
- British Council Scholarship, to undertake residency training in pediatric neurology at the Hospital for Sick Children, Great Ormond Street, London, U.K., 1987-1988
- Sandoz Scholarship, to pursue pediatric and neonatal neurology research fellowship at the B.C. Children's Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, 1992-1994
- Staff Teacher of the Year Awards in neurology and pediatrics, 2005-2006
- Alumni of the Year, University of Natal and Nelson Mandela School of Medical Sciences, Durban, South Africa, 2005
- Member of newly constituted International Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis Society, 2006
General pediatric neurology, neonatal neurology, neuromuscular diseases, pediatric multiple sclerosis and other white matter disorders, neurofibromatosis and autonomic disorders.
Awards & Honors
- FRCP (Glasg), Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow, 1997
- FRCP (Edin), Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Edinburgh, 1998
- Excellence in Teaching Award, Faculty of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada, 2003
- Staff Teacher of the Year Award, Neurology, 2005-2006
- Staff Teacher of the Year Award, Pediatrics, 2005-2006
- First pediatric neurologist at Cleveland Clinic to receive two teaching excellence awards across divisions in the same year
- Research award from the Childhood Tumor Foundation of America to set up the first neurofibromatosis clinic at Cleveland Clinic, 2008
- American Child Neurology Society
- Royal College of Physicians of the U.K.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow and Edinburgh
- College of Pediatricians of South Africa
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 9/21/2018, Dr. Moodley has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
77 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Knows Medical History||4.8|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.9|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.8|
9 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Oct 11, 2018
Dr. Moodley is very attentive to details and concerns and is an excellent communicator. He stays up on new information in the field and discusses that with the patient, while considering all conditions, medications, etc.
Reviewed on Oct 2, 2018
*Dr. Moodley is an amazing doctor. He is so knowledgeable and spends a ton of time w/you. We are so impressed w/him.
Reviewed on Aug 28, 2018
Dr Moodly is very knowledgeable and has a wonderful way of interacting with parents and children. his nurses and office staff have also been great even when I call with questions.
Reviewed on Aug 14, 2018
Dr. Moodley is a great doctor. My daughter and I feeel very comfortable with him.
Reviewed on Jun 7, 2018
dr Moodley is the kindest and most thorough doctor that we have ever seen!
Reviewed on Apr 24, 2018
Hard to schedule appointments. Not many available time slots within the time frame that the doctor wants you to return.
Reviewed on Apr 5, 2018
We love Dr. Moodley. He is an exceptional physician and takes time and care with our family, Stacey, her overall health, as well as her MS diagnosis. He is responsive and receptive to all of our questions and concerns and we are grateful to be his patients.
Reviewed on Mar 20, 2018
*Dr. Moodley has changed my son's life!! Amazing - the correct diagnosis, medications w/correct doses and the right tests have given my teenager his life back and hope for a productive, healthy life with dysantonomia.
Reviewed on Dec 11, 2017
*Dr. Moodley thoroughly examined my child while he examined her, he explained each step, why he was doing each task and what the result was & what it meant. TOP NOTCH DOCTOR!
© 2018 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.