Treatment & Services
- Chest X-Ray
- Computed Tomography (CT Scan)
- Mechanical Ventilation
- Pulmonary Function Testing
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Abnormal Chest Sounds
- Abnormal Chest X-Ray/CT
- Allergic Vasomotor Rhinitis
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Arterial Blood Gases
- Breathing Complaints
- Carcinoid Syndrome
- Chest - Chest Wall
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Churg-Strauss Syndrome
- Collagen Vascular Disease
- Diaphragm Disorders
- Drug Reactions to the Lungs
- Goodpasture Syndrome
- High Blood Pressure in the Lungs
- Interstitial Lung Disease
- Lung Abscess
- Lung Nodules
- Pleural Effusion
- Pleural Thickening
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH)
- Pulmonary Disease
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Pulmonary Heart Disease
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Pulmonary Insufficiency
- Radiation Fibrosis - Lung
- Shortness Of Breath
- Wegener's Granulomatosis
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - New York Presbyterian Hospital - Columbia Univ. & Weill Cornell Medical Center
New York, NY USA
Residency - University of Illinois at Chicago Medical Center
Chicago, IL USA
Internship - University of Minnesota Hospital and Clinic
Minneapolis, MN USA
Medical School - University of California-San Francisco School of Medicine
San Francisco, CA USA
Graduate - University of California-Berkeley
Berkeley, CA USA
Undergraduate - University of California-San Diego
La Jolla, CA USA
- Enhancing Team Effectiveness, professional development program for health professions faculty, jointly sponsored by the Association of American Medical Colleges and Harvard Medical School
- Cleveland Clinic Leadership Course, Cleveland Clinic, 2006
- Advanced Training in Quality, American College of Executive Physicians
- Expert in pulmonary hypertension, serving South Florida (Broward and Palm Beaches)
- Head of the first comprehensive Pulmonary Education Department
- Chair of Quality in Cleveland Clinic Florida, advancing outcome-based improvements in quality
- Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Disease
- Internal Medicine - Critical Care Medicine
pulmonary hypertension, Alpha-1 anti-trypsin deficiency/COPD, interstitial lung diseases, including: collagen vascular diseases (Scleroderma) and pulmonary fibrosis, critical care
Awards & Honors
- Innovator Award, Cleveland Clinic, for innovation in medical technology, 2005-2007
- Leadership Certificate, Cleveland Clinic (promising future leaders at Cleveland Clinic), 2006
- Fellow, American College of Chest Physicians, 2005
- Cornell Award for Best Fellow Research, 2004
Innovations & Patents
Convertible dual-lumen endotracheal tube: U.S. Patent Pending, 2005
- College of Chest Physicians
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Pulmonary Hypertension Association/Research
- American Medical Association
- American Society of Executive Physicians,Vanguard Member
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 10/4/2016, Dr. Rahaghi has reported the financial relationships with the companies listed below. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Consulting and/or Speaking. Dr. Rahaghi receives fees of $5,000 or more per year as a paid consultant, speaker or member of an advisory committee for the following companies:
- Gilead Sciences, Inc.
- Lung LLC
- Grifols, S.A.
- Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Baxter Healthcare Corporation
- Genentech, Inc
- United Therapeutics Corporation
- Mallinckrodt, plc
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- CSL Behring
- Actelion Pharmaceuticals, Ltd.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
121 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.8|
|Knows Medical History||4.7|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.7|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.7|
6 Patient Comments
Reviewed on May 18, 2017
excellent experience. Very detailed instructions about the medication I would be taking and followup
Reviewed on May 17, 2017
I tried to talk to Dr. Rahaghi about some side effects I'm having that may be related to the medication he had me on. He was not interested in discussing these side effects and was irritated that I was possibly second guessing his decision to put me on the medication. Very condescending!!
Reviewed on Apr 10, 2017
as I said before very good I would not change it for anything .
Reviewed on Nov 17, 2016
unfortunately I do not have to see him again. he was excellent. he referred me back to my cardiologist. his staff was nice too
Reviewed on Nov 16, 2016
my provider is great
Reviewed on Nov 2, 2016
My experience with my doctor was outstanding in all respects, he made me feel comfortable that I was getting the best care and attention possible...plus a very nice, kind and sympathetic person
© 2017 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.