Treatment & Services
- Cancer Center
- Cardio-Oncology Center
- Clinical Trials
- Medical Oncology
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (ALL)
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bone Marrow Failure Disorders
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia
- Hairy Cell Leukemia
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS)
- Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
Is Cleveland Clinic Florida Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Florida locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Harvard Medical School
Boston, MA USA
Residency - Massachusetts General Hospital
Boston, MA USA
Medical School - University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
Philadelphia, PA USA
Graduate - University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, PA USA
Undergraduate - University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, PA USA
- Coursework, Harvard School of Public Health, 2000
- Leading in Healthcare course, Cleveland Clinic, 2008
- Director, Leukemia Program, Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Institute
- Vice-chair for Clinical Research, Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Institute
- Deputy Associate Director for Clinical research, Case Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Co-Chair, Medical Advisory Board, Aplastic Anemia and Myelodysplastic Syndromes International Foundation
- Former Chair and Member, Oncologic Drugs Advisory Committee, F.D.A.
- Editor-in-Chief, American Sociatey of Hematology (ASH) Clinical News
- Member, Executive Committee, ASH
- Member, National Cancer Institute PDQ Adult Treatment Editorial Board
- Editorial Boards, Journal of Clinical Oncology, Blood Cancer Journal, Nature: Leukemia
- Reviewer, Blood, Cancer, Lancet, Clinical Cancer Research, Oncology, Leukemia Research, British Journal of Hematology, Cancer Investigation, Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Internal Medicine - Medical Oncology
Leukemia, myelodysplastic syndromes, bone marrow failure syndromes, myeloproliferative neoplasms, clinical trials, cancer
Awards & Honors
- Phi Beta Kappa, University of Pennsylvania, 1991
- Magna cum Laude, University of Pennsylvania, 1991
- “Bridging the Gaps” Community Service Achievement Award, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 1995
- Alpha Omega Alpha, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 1995
- American Federation for Clinical Research Award, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 1996
- Moderator, American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting, Myelodysplastic Syndromes: Clinical Studies session, 2005, 2007, 2011, 2012
- Moderator, American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting, Acute Myeloid Leukemia: Therapies Excluding Transplant, 2008
- Scientific Discussant, American Society of Clinical Oncology Annual Meeting: Leukemia, Myelodysplasia, and Transplantation Session, 2008
- Education Session chair, American Association of Blood Bankers Annual Meeting: Myelodysplastic Syndromes, 2009
- Education Session, American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting: Myelodysplastic Syndromes, 2009, 2014
- Education Session, American Society of Clinical Oncology, Myelodysplastic Syndromes, 2012, 2013
- Best Doctors, Cleveland Magazine, 2008-15
- Top Doctors of America, Castle Connolly 2010-15
- Teacher of the Year, Hematology/Medical Oncology Fellowship Program, Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Institute (2010)
- National Institutes of Health Merit Award – for work with PDQ Editorial Board, National Cancer Institute (2010)
- Gold Award - American Society of Healthcare Publication Editors, Best Regular Column, Oncology Times
- Leadership in Science award, Aplastic Anemia & MDS International Foundation, 2013
- The Sam and Maria Miller Scientific Achievement Award in Clinical Research, Cleveland Clinic, 2014
- American Society of Hematology
- Southwest Oncology Group, Leukemia Committee
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 1/16/2018, Dr. Sekeres has reported the financial relationships with the companies listed below. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Consulting and/or Speaking. Dr. Sekeres receives fees of $5,000 or more per year as a paid consultant, speaker or member of an advisory committee for the following companies:
- Celgene Corporation
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
42 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||5|
|Knows Medical History||5|
|Time Spent with Patient||5|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.9|
3 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Jun 21, 2018
Dr. Sekeres is wonderful when it comes to listening to my concerns. He has just the right mix of professionalism and compassion. He always makes sure that I thoroughly understand my health.
Reviewed on Jan 22, 2018
Dr. Sekeres is very thorough in all areas of care!
Reviewed on Oct 23, 2017
ALL VERY GOOD
© 2018 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.