Treatment & Services
- Cardiovascular Medicine Department
- C-Reactive Protein Testing
- General Cardiology
- Regional Heart and Vascular
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Cardiovascular Risk Prevention
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Heart Disease
- Heart Murmur
- High Cholesterol
- Hypertension - High Blood Pressure
- Ischemic Cardiomyopathy
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Brigham & Women's Hospital
Boston, MA USA
Residency - Brigham & Women's Hospital
Boston, MA USA
Internship - Brigham & Women's Hospital
Boston, MA USA
Medical School - Duke University School of Medicine
Durham, NC USA
Undergraduate - Georgetown University
Washington, DC USA
- Henry J. Kaiser Fellowship Program, Harvard Medical School, Boston: Training in epidemiology, biostatistics and clinical study design under Lee Goldman, M.D.
- Thomas Jefferson Award, Duke University Medical School, Durham, N.C., 1980
- Internal Medicine
- Nuclear Cardiology
- Internal Medicine - Cardiovascular Disease
clinical cardiology, stress testing and cardiac rehabilitation, coronary artery disease/cardiac catheterization, lipid disorders and prevention, cardiovascular risk evaluation, prevention, wellness, preventive medicine, cholesterol, CRP, LDL, HDL, triglycerides
Awards & Honors
- Awards and Honors:Sigma Xi, Georgetown University, Washington, D.C., 1974
- Phi Beta Kappa, Georgetown University, Washington, D.C., 1974
- Valedictorian, Georgetown University, Washington, D.C., 1976
- Alpha Omega Alpha, Duke University Medical School, Durham, N.C., 1978 Research Funding:Co-Investigator. An Intervention to Increase Exercise Maintenance. NIH Funded (1RO1-NR04704-01AZ). Shirley M. Moore, Principal Investigator, Completed 2004
- Co-Investigator. Exercise in Older Cardiac Patients. NIH, National Institute on Aging. Shirley M. Moore, Principal Investigator, Funded July 2006
- American College of Cardiology
- American Heart Association, Council on Clinical Cardiology
- American Society of Nuclear Cardiology
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
80 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||5|
|Knows Medical History||5|
|Time Spent with Patient||5|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.9|
3 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Jun 5, 2018
I have had only excellent experiences with Dr. Rocco and his staff. Dr. Rocco is the most informed and compassionate of all my physicians.
Reviewed on Jun 1, 2018
Great doctor and staff
Reviewed on Jan 26, 2018
Dr Rocco is a very detail oriented cardiology provider. I find him to be very well read on my particular health history, very knowledgeable about specific nuances related to my particular health issues and very informative with specific explanations and recommendations for my coronary care.
© 2018 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.