Treatment & Services
Is Cleveland Clinic Florida Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Florida locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Residency - Vanderbilt University Hospital
Nashville, TN USA
Internship - Vanderbilt University Hospital
Nashville, TN USA
Medical School - University of Arkansas College of Medicine
Little Rock, AR USA
Undergraduate - University of Arkansas, Fayetteville
Fayetteville, AR USA
- President, Regional Hospitals and Family Health Centers
- Vice President, Medical Operations, Regional Hospitals and Family Health Centers
- Chairman, Department of Regional Urology
- Cleveland Clinic Board of Governors
- Associate/Section Editor: Urology (Gold Journal)
- Chairman: International COLD Registry
- Board British Journal of Urology International Editor: Urology News
Bladder cancer, elevated PSA, prostate cancer, nerve-sparing prostatectomy, vasectomy and sterilization
Awards & Honors
- Innovator Award, Cleveland Clinic, 2004
- Teacher of the Year Award, 2003
- Honorable Mention, Journal of Urology Reviewer, 2006
- Journal of Urology, Best Reviewer, Prostate Cancer, 2009-2011
- America's Top Doctors (Castle Connolly)
- Best Doctors in America, 2010-present
- Beta Gamma Sigma: American Association of Collegiate Schools of Business Society for top 20 percent of MBA graduates
- Urology Teacher of the Year, 2003 (Fastest of any Cleveland Clinic faculty member to achieve this honor).
Innovations & Patents
- Dr. Jones was the first to describe the following surgical developments:
- Office-based saturation biopsy for prostate cancer detection
- Percutaneous no-scalpel vasectomy
- Absorbable sling to enhance early return of continence following radical prostatectomy in high risk patients
- Technique to reduce risk of rectourethral fistula during cryotherapy for prostate cancer
- Use of video monitor distraction to reduce discomfort of cystoscopy
- American Urological Association, Voting Member 1994-Present
- Society of Urologic Oncology, 2005-Present
- Societe Internationale d'Urologie, Member 2006-Present
- Southwest Oncology Group, 2004-Present
- International Continence Society, 2003-Present
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 10/8/2017, Dr. Jones has reported the financial relationships with the companies listed below. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Consulting and/or Speaking. Dr. Jones receives fees of $5,000 or more per year as a paid consultant, speaker or member of an advisory committee for the following companies:
- Digital Science Press, Inc.
Royalty Payments. Dr. Jones receives or has the right to receive royalty payments for inventions or discoveries commercialized through the companies shown below:
- Cook Medical
Donation of Financial Interest. Dr. Jones has consulted for, received compensation for serving as a fiduciary from, or received royalties from the following companies but instructed them to donate all compensation to not-for-profit causes or to the Cleveland Clinic to support research and education:
- Endocare, Inc.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.