Treatment & Services
- Arthritis Surgery
- Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery
- Elbow Replacement
- Elbow Surgery
- Fracture Care
- Fracture Reconstruction
- Hand and Arm Reconstruction
- Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery
- Hand Reconstruction
- Hand Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Revision Surgery
- Shoulder Arthroscopy
- Shoulder Joint Replacement
- Shoulder Reconstruction
- Shoulder Replacement
- Shoulder Surgery
- Total Joint Replacement
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Arthritis of the Thumb Base
- Arthritis of the Wrist & Hand
- Broken Bones
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Congenital Hand Differences
- DeQuervain's Disease
- Elbow Problems
- Fractures Of The Hand
- Hand and Wrist Arthritis
- Hand and Wrist Injuries
- Hand Problems
- Hand Related Sports Injuries
- Painful Joints
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: How to Treat
- Shoulder Fractures
- Shoulder Injuries
- Shoulder Problems
- Upper Extremity Disorders
- Wrist Diseases
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - New York Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia Presbyterian Campus
New York, NY USA
Residency - New York Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia Presbyterian Campus
New York, NY USA
Residency - Saint Vincent's Hospital and Medical Center
New York, NY USA
Medical School - Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons at Harlem Hospital Center
New York, NY USA
Undergraduate - Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center
New York, NY USA
Undergraduate - Fairfield University
Fairfield, CT USA
- Presidential Guest Speaker, Japanese Society for Surgery of the Hand 50th Annual Meeting
- Charles L. Hudson, M.D Distinguished Service Award, Academy of Medicine of Cleveland & Northern Ohio
- Visiting Professor, Kyoto University & Hiroshima University, Japan
- Who's Who in the World, MARQUIS Who's Who, 1996-Present
- Sterling Bunnel Traveling Fellowship, American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery - Surgery of the Hand
Hand, wrist, elbow, shoulder surgery concentrating on joint replacement, trauma reconstruction, congenital hand reconstruction and arthroscopy of the entire upper extremity
Awards & Honors
- J Albert Key Distinguished Lecturer, Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri, Distraction Lengthening in the Hand and Upper Extremity, June 21-22, 2007
- Presidential Guest Speaker,Evolution of Management of Distal Radius Fractures and Malunions, Japanese Society for Surgery of the Hand 50th Annual Meeting, Yamagata, Japan, April, 2007
- Presidential Guest Speaker, Scaphoid Hemiresection & Recessed Radioscapholunate, International Symposium on Hand Surgery, Yamagata, Japan, April, 2007
- Charles L. Hudson, MD, Distinguished Service Award, Academy of Medicine of Cleveland & Northern Ohio, April, 2007
- Visiting Professor, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Innovations & Patents
- Designed implants and external fixation systems and fracture repair systems, Co-holder of Patent, Custom Radial and Ulnar Implants
- American Orthopaedic Association
- Academic Orthopaedic Society
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons
- Orthopaedic Research Society
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 7/12/2018, Dr. Seitz, Jr. has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
153 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Knows Medical History||4.7|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.7|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.8|
7 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Aug 2, 2018
Dr. Seitz very articulate and impressive.
Reviewed on Jun 28, 2018
We came to Cleveland Clinic from out of state because of the expertise and reputation of Dr W. Seitz.
Reviewed on May 29, 2018
Dr. Seitz is very busy so I never worried about wait time.
Reviewed on May 10, 2018
*Dr. Seitz & *Jacob (PA-C) Ehlers skilled, informative & kind. Also, those in anesthesiology - recovery unit were attentive - reassuring.
Reviewed on Apr 12, 2018
Dr. Seitz and Dr. Jacob and nurse Emily are beyond remarkable. They are all very professional, kind and curious. They all seem to genuinely care for me as a patient and my health and well being. I am very grateful for their kindness and respect helping "fix" my wrist pain.
Reviewed on Feb 22, 2018
Dr. Seitz is truly the best. World class in every way. Amazing result, and amazing support and guidance. Great with our kids - beyond anything we could have imagined.
Reviewed on Nov 16, 2017
*Dr. Seitz is always very thorough and includes my child in his treatment discussions.
© 2018 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.