Jeffrey M. Goldberg, MD
Treatment & Services
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
- Advanced Operative Laparoscopy
- Alternatives To Hysterectomy
- Artificial Insemination
- Diagnostic Hysteroscopy
- Diagnostic Laparoscopy
- Endometrial Ablation
- Female Sterilization
- Female Sterilization Reversal
- Gynecologic Endocrinology
- Hysteroscopic Myomectomy
- In Vitro Fertilization
- Infertility Surgery (Female)
- Infertility Treatment (Female)
- Laparoscopic Assisted Vaginal Hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic Gynecological Surgery
- Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic myomectomy
- Laparoscopic Removal of Fibroids
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Laparoscopic Treatment Of Endometriosis
- Laparoscopic Treatment Of Ovarian Cysts
- Laparoscopy of Pelvis
- Menstrual Disorders, Fibroids and Hysteroscopic Services
- Microsurgery For Tubal Ligation Reversal
- Microsurgical Tubal Anastomosis
- Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Laparoscopic Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Myomectomy (Removal of Fibroids)
- Operative Hysteroscopy
- Ovarian Cryopreservation
- Ovulation Induction
- Preimplantation Genetic Testing
- Prophylactic Salpingo-oophorectomy
- Reproductive Endocrinology
- Saline Infusion Sonography
- Section of Fertility
- Sterilization by Laparoscopy
- Sterilization Reversal
- Surgery For Endometriosis
- Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
- Transvaginal Ultrasonography
- Treatment of Fibroids
- Tubal Ligation
- Tubal Reversal
- Uterine Fibroids Treatment
- Virtual Visits
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Abnormal Menstrual Bleeding
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
- Androgen Excess
- Ectopic Pregnancy
- Endometriosis Associated Infertility
- Female Pelvic Pain
- Fibroid Tumor
- Fibroids And Leiomyoma
- Getting Pregnant
- Infertility (Female)
- Infertility (male)
- Menstrual Disorders
- Menstrual Irregularities
- Ovarian Cysts
- Ovarian Failure
- Pelvic adhesions
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
- Uterine Fibroids
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - The Ohio State University Hospitals
Obstetrics & Gynecology
Columbus, OH USA
Residency - Emory University Hospital
Obstetrics & Gynecology
Decatur, GA USA
Internship - Saint Barnabas Medical Center
Livingston, NJ USA
Medical Education - New Jersey Medical School
Newark, NJ USA
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Obstetrics and Gynecology - Reproductive Endocrinology/Infertility
infertility, tubal ligation reversal (sterilization reversal), endometriosis, fibroids, reproductive surgery, operative laparoscopy, operative hysteroscopy, in vitro fertilization (IVF), polycystic ovary syndrome, amenorrhea, recurrent miscarriage, menstrual disorders
Awards & Honors
- Co-recipient of the Computerworld Smithsonian Research Innovation Award for robotic surgery, 1999
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, National Faculty Award for excellence in resident education, 2006
- Star Award by the American Society for Reproductive Medicine 2010 & 2014
- Top Docs, Northern Ohio Live Magazine, 2001
- Best Doctors, Cleveland Magazine, 2006 – 2015
- Best Doctors, Akron Live, 2015
- Best Doctors in America, 2005 – 2015
- Ranked in the top 1% of reproductive endocrinologists in the US by Castle-Connelly 2011-2015
Innovations & Patents
- Performed the world's first fully robotic laparoscopic surgery, microsurgical tubal anastomosis in 1998
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 4/1/2021, Dr. Goldberg has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
125 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.7|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.6|
11 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Jun 8, 2021
I really like dr Goldberg. he's very succinct and does tell you the data and rationale for decisions and recommendations. we write our questions down before we visited with him and he answered every one and was patient with us while we ran thru the list
Reviewed on May 13, 2021
Dr. Rehmer(the Fellow) and Dr. Goldberg were both amazing and informative. we greatly appreciated their input. for being such a big institution, we weren't sure what to expect. They were not pushy, only encouraging. they spent time with us and Dr. Goldberg even talked to us about playing the drums
Reviewed on May 6, 2021
Positive experience with Doctor Goldberg. He was able to provide guidance and help lay out a plan.
Reviewed on Mar 29, 2021
Both Dr. Goldberg and his resident ( I can't remember her name right now but it's written down at home) were wonderful, kind and professional. I would recommend to anyone!!!
Reviewed on Mar 5, 2021
Dr. Goldberg has been wonderful throughout the entire fertility journey. We were able to come up with a plan with the ease of a virtual visit.
Reviewed on Feb 12, 2021
great experience I felt Dr.Goldberg was the best surgeon I could have had I'd never had surgery before he made the process easy and understandable. I appreciated his professionalism and kindness. The staff was incredible also
Reviewed on Jan 21, 2021
Dr Goldberg is knowledgeable, honest, and very respectful of my needs and concerns. I trust his advice and appreciate his willingness to refer to another doctor if he feels he doesn't have the answers or expertise. This is the true sign of an excellent practitioner!
Reviewed on Jan 12, 2021
Dr. Goldberg was amazing: we took the time to explain what occurred during my surgery and he gave me great advice on finding a good OBGYN in the future.
Reviewed on Dec 31, 2020
Dr. Goldberg is such a nice person, easy and comftable to talk with...He's very knowlegeable on this field.
Reviewed on Dec 29, 2020
wonderful virtual visit. Dr. Goldberg made me feel at ease and was really patient helping me and answering all my questions. He seems like a very caring and positive person. i wild highly recommend!! :)
Reviewed on Oct 27, 2020
Dr. Goldberg was absolutely wonderful!
© 2021 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.