Treatment & Services
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
- Advanced Operative Laparoscopy
- Alternatives To Hysterectomy
- Artificial Insemination
- Diagnostic Hysteroscopy
- Diagnostic Laparoscopy
- Endometrial Ablation
- Female Sterilization
- Female Sterilization Reversal
- Gynecologic Endocrinology
- Hysteroscopic Myomectomy
- In Vitro Fertilization
- Infertility Surgery (Female)
- Infertility Treatment (Female)
- Laparoscopic Assisted Vaginal Hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic Gynecological Surgery
- Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic myomectomy
- Laparoscopic Removal of Fibroids
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Laparoscopic Treatment Of Endometriosis
- Laparoscopic Treatment Of Ovarian Cysts
- Laparoscopy of Pelvis
- Menstrual Disorders, Fibroids and Hysteroscopic Services
- Microsurgery For Tubal Ligation Reversal
- Microsurgical Tubal Anastomosis
- Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Laparoscopic Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Myomectomy (Removal of Fibroids)
- Operative Hysteroscopy
- Ovarian Cryopreservation
- Ovulation Induction
- Preimplantation Genetic Testing
- Prophylactic Salpingo-oophorectomy
- Reproductive Endocrinology
- Saline Infusion Sonography
- Section of Fertility
- Sterilization by Laparoscopy
- Sterilization Reversal
- Surgery For Endometriosis
- Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
- Transvaginal Ultrasonography
- Treatment of Fibroids
- Tubal Ligation
- Tubal Reversal
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Abnormal Menstrual Bleeding
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
- Androgen Excess
- Ectopic Pregnancy
- Endometriosis Associated Infertility
- Female Pelvic Pain
- Fibroid Tumor
- Fibroids And Leiomyoma
- Getting Pregnant
- Infertility (Female)
- Infertility (male)
- Menstrual Disorders
- Menstrual Irregularities
- Ovarian Cysts
- Ovarian Failure
- Pelvic adhesions
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
- Uterine Fibroids
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - The Ohio State University Hospitals
Obstetrics & Gynecology
Columbus, OH USA
Residency - Emory University Hospital
Obstetrics & Gynecology
Decatur, GA USA
Internship - Saint Barnabas Medical Center
Livingston, NJ USA
Medical School - New Jersey Medical School
Newark, NJ USA
Undergraduate - Rutgers University
New Brunswick, NJ USA
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Obstetrics and Gynecology - Reproductive Endocrinology/Infertility
infertility, tubal ligation reversal (sterilization reversal), endometriosis, fibroids, reproductive surgery, operative laparoscopy, operative hysteroscopy, in vitro fertilization (IVF), polycystic ovary syndrome, amenorrhea, recurrent miscarriage, menstrual disorders
Awards & Honors
- Co-recipient of the Computerworld Smithsonian Research Innovation Award for robotic surgery, 1999
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, National Faculty Award for excellence in resident education, 2006
- Star Award by the American Society for Reproductive Medicine 2010 & 2014
- Top Docs, Northern Ohio Live Magazine, 2001
- Best Doctors, Cleveland Magazine, 2006 – 2015
- Best Doctors, Akron Live, 2015
- Best Doctors in America, 2005 – 2015
- Ranked in the top 1% of reproductive endocrinologists in the US by Castle-Connelly 2011-2015
Innovations & Patents
- Performed the world's first fully robotic laparoscopic surgery, microsurgical tubal anastomosis in 1998
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 4/2/2018, Dr. Goldberg has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
115 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Knows Medical History||4.6|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.8|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.7|
5 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Apr 30, 2018
Dr. Goldberg is the absolute best physician I have ever seen. he made a very scary situation so much less stressful. his confidence and knowledge was unbelievably comforting. I am so grateful for Dr. Goldberg!
Reviewed on Mar 27, 2018
Doctor was not very warm and friendly. He didn't act like he genuinely cared.
Reviewed on Jan 12, 2018
Dr. Goldberg and his resident were kind to me and my husband and respected my emotional needs and gave us hope, support, and a safe solution that has been effective. We look forward with confidence about our next step with family planning.
Reviewed on Dec 28, 2017
Dr. Goldberg was very helpful in answering all of my questions regarding my MRI test results. He showed me the pictures taken and explained everything in a very understandable way.
Reviewed on Sep 28, 2017
Dr. Goldberg is a great, caring physician, the only reason he runs late is because he actually spends time with his patients which can be a little frustrating when waiting for him, but you know he will spend the time you need with him when your turn comes around. I will always recommend him.
© 2018 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.