Treatment & Services
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
- Advanced Operative Laparoscopy
- Alternatives To Hysterectomy
- Artificial Insemination
- Diagnostic Hysteroscopy
- Diagnostic Laparoscopy
- Endometrial Ablation
- Female Sterilization
- Female Sterilization Reversal
- Gynecologic Endocrinology
- Hysteroscopic Myomectomy
- In Vitro Fertilization
- Infertility Surgery (Female)
- Infertility Treatment (Female)
- Laparoscopic Assisted Vaginal Hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic Gynecological Surgery
- Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic myomectomy
- Laparoscopic Removal of Fibroids
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Laparoscopic Treatment Of Endometriosis
- Laparoscopic Treatment Of Ovarian Cysts
- Laparoscopy of Pelvis
- Menstrual Disorders, Fibroids and Hysteroscopic Services
- Microsurgery For Tubal Ligation Reversal
- Microsurgical Tubal Anastomosis
- Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Laparoscopic Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Myomectomy (Removal of Fibroids)
- Operative Hysteroscopy
- Ovarian Cryopreservation
- Ovulation Induction
- Preimplantation Genetic Testing
- Prophylactic Salpingo-oophorectomy
- Reproductive Endocrinology
- Saline Infusion Sonography
- Section of Fertility
- Sterilization by Laparoscopy
- Sterilization Reversal
- Surgery For Endometriosis
- Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
- Transvaginal Ultrasonography
- Treatment of Fibroids
- Tubal Ligation
- Tubal Reversal
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Abnormal Menstrual Bleeding
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
- Androgen Excess
- Ectopic Pregnancy
- Endometriosis Associated Infertility
- Female Pelvic Pain
- Fibroid Tumor
- Fibroids And Leiomyoma
- Getting Pregnant
- Infertility (Female)
- Infertility (male)
- Menstrual Disorders
- Menstrual Irregularities
- Ovarian Cysts
- Ovarian Failure
- Pelvic adhesions
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
- Uterine Fibroids
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - The Ohio State University Hospitals
Obstetrics & Gynecology
Columbus, OH USA
Residency - Emory University Hospital
Obstetrics & Gynecology
Decatur, GA USA
Internship - Saint Barnabas Medical Center
Livingston, NJ USA
Medical Education - New Jersey Medical School
Newark, NJ USA
Undergraduate - Rutgers University
New Brunswick, NJ USA
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Obstetrics and Gynecology - Reproductive Endocrinology/Infertility
infertility, tubal ligation reversal (sterilization reversal), endometriosis, fibroids, reproductive surgery, operative laparoscopy, operative hysteroscopy, in vitro fertilization (IVF), polycystic ovary syndrome, amenorrhea, recurrent miscarriage, menstrual disorders
Awards & Honors
- Co-recipient of the Computerworld Smithsonian Research Innovation Award for robotic surgery, 1999
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, National Faculty Award for excellence in resident education, 2006
- Star Award by the American Society for Reproductive Medicine 2010 & 2014
- Top Docs, Northern Ohio Live Magazine, 2001
- Best Doctors, Cleveland Magazine, 2006 – 2015
- Best Doctors, Akron Live, 2015
- Best Doctors in America, 2005 – 2015
- Ranked in the top 1% of reproductive endocrinologists in the US by Castle-Connelly 2011-2015
Innovations & Patents
- Performed the world's first fully robotic laparoscopic surgery, microsurgical tubal anastomosis in 1998
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 4/2/2019, Dr. Goldberg has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
162 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.7|
|Knows Medical History||4.5|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.7|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.6|
15 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Apr 23, 2019
Before Dr. Goldberg I had seen several other doctors. Although some were willing to help none gave me options like he did! I appreciate his concern and confidence in the handling of my care. God bless him and his staff!
Reviewed on Apr 5, 2019
provider was not rushed and took his time explaining things to us.
Reviewed on Apr 2, 2019
I've already recommended Dr. Goldberg to my fiends. His compassion and patience is very comforting during difficult times..
Reviewed on Feb 19, 2019
The Dr. is very caring. wanting to learn all aspects of your problems and wants fast results. he is very knowledgeable. totally will recommend!
Reviewed on Feb 12, 2019
Dr Goldberg was a very nice man. he combed through my records right in front of my husband and I and asked questions as he went. We both felt that he was not only intuitive of how we were feeling, but broke down my situation and gave us direct answers to our questions. he was very kind and professional. we liked him a lot
Reviewed on Jan 18, 2019
the Doctor did An amazing job. he answered all of our questions. he was very sincere.
Reviewed on Jan 18, 2019
Value added information from Dr. Goldberg.
Reviewed on Jan 17, 2019
Great experience with staff as well as Dr. Goldberg. never even had to sit in a waiting room to wait. Was in and out in absolute great time!
Reviewed on Jan 17, 2019
Great experience with everyone and everything at Dr. Goldberg's office.
Reviewed on Dec 20, 2018
Dr. Goldberg and his staff are very nice and considerate, as well as knowledgeable. They also take time to listen and haven't rushed when I am trying to process the information regarding this very specialized topic. Thank you!
Reviewed on Nov 6, 2018
Dr.Goldberg patiently listened to all of our questions and responses to each one.
Reviewed on Sep 13, 2018
very great experience. can't wait to work with Dr. Goldberg in the future
Reviewed on Aug 24, 2018
I have always had an excellent experience with Dr. Goldberg, and I feel that both he and the office staff go above and beyond to give the best care possible.
Reviewed on Aug 24, 2018
love dr. goldberg.. very generous.!! cleveland clinic has been wonderful with our experience.!!!!
Reviewed on Aug 13, 2018
this doctor may have been my favorite doctor at the clinic. he was so nice and informative
© 2019 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.