Treatment & Services
- 24 H Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring
- CRRT (Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy )
- Dialysis Evaluation for End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Glomerular Disease Management
- Hypertension Management
- Intensive Care Nephrology
- Kidney Biopsy
- Kidney Dialysis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Renal Function Evaluation
- Urine Protein Test
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Acute Kidney Injury
- Acute Renal Failure
- Blood In The Urine
- Calcium Disorders
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Diabetic Kidney Disease
- Electrolyte Abnormalities
- End Stage Renal Disease
- Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis (FSGS)
- Glomerular Diseases
- Goodpasture Syndrome
- High Blood Pressure
- Hypertension - High Blood Pressure
- IgA Nephropathy
- Interstitial Nephritis
- Kidney Adenocarcinoma
- Kidney Biopsy
- Kidney Cysts, Simple
- Kidney Failure
- Kidney Function Problems
- Kidney Stones
- Kidney Stones: Oxalate-Controlled Diet
- Lupus nephritis (separate from systemic lupus)
- Multiple Myeloma
- Nephrotic Syndrome
- Parathyroid Disease Description
- Polycystic Kidney Disease
- Renal Artery Disease
- Renal Disease
- Renal Failure
- Renal Osteodystrophy
Is Cleveland Clinic Florida Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Florida locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Mayo Clinic
Nephrology and Hypertension
Rochester, MN USA
Graduate School - Mayo Clinic College of Medicine - Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education
Post Doctoral Certificate in Clinical and Translational Science
Rochester, MN USA
Residency - Cleveland Clinic Florida
Weston, FL USA
Medical Education - St. George's University School of Medicine
Grenada, West Indies
Undergraduate - Barry University
Miami Shores, FL USA
- Instructor in Medicine, Mayo Clinic School of Medicine
- Research Collaborator - Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- Fellow, American Society of Nephrology (FASN)
- Internal Medicine
Glomerular Diseases/Glomerulonephritis, Membranous Nephropathy, IgA Nephropathy, Kidney stones, Hypertension, High Blood Pressure, Diabetic Kidney Disease.
Awards & Honors
- Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Fellow Research AwardMayo Clinic, Rochester, MN - 2020
- Quality Improvement Fellow, Bronze LevelMayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- ACP Florida Chapter – Outstanding Cleveland Clinic Florida Residentfor 2017 for Excellence in Internal Medicine
- Jeffrey Shiroky, MD– Research Award – 1st Place –2017 Cleveland Clinic Florida Research Week.
- Camilo Leslie, MD Clinical and Scholarly Excellence in Endocrinology, Cleveland Clinic Florida, 2017.
- Patient Safety Champion, Cleveland Clinic Florida - 2017
- American College of Physicians, Young Achiever - 2016
- ACP Annual 2015 Florida Chapter Meeting – 1st place Winner Clinical Vignette Poster. Tampa, FL
- Iota Epsilon Alpha International Medical Honor Society - 2011
- Excellence in Leadership Award, Barry University, Florida - 2010
Innovations & Patents
- American College of Physicians
- American Society of Nephrology
- National Kidney Foundation
- International Society of Nephrology
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 10/5/2020, Dr. Bobart has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
42 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||5|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||5|
11 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Feb 2, 2021
loved Dr Bobart
Reviewed on Jan 29, 2021
Dr. Shane is a very knowledgeable. I like the way he asked the questions and was able to offer some solutions. I will be seeing him soon to review my lab work.
Reviewed on Jan 22, 2021
i Believe Dr. Shane Bobart went beyond his duty to keep me informed and cared so much for me.
Reviewed on Jan 18, 2021
was very impressed with Dr. Bobart and his entire staff
Reviewed on Jan 18, 2021
Dr. Bobart was extremely helpful. He arrived at our first appt with a clear picture of my Mom's history - he obviously read through all of the past doctor's records from NJ and FL. He followed up as he said he would with phone calls and scheduled my Mom's next appt so it coincided with another doctor's visit so they could discuss the best course of treatment. We could not be happier with Dr. Bobart.
Reviewed on Dec 18, 2020
I was very happy with Dr Bobart's demeanor and being able to relate to my concerns. I am very happy with Dr. Bobart and will definitely advise others about the quality of care provided.
Reviewed on Dec 11, 2020
very thorough Doctor. I have a lot of confidence in his knowledge and skills. EXCELLENT communicator.
Reviewed on Dec 11, 2020
top notch Doctor.
Reviewed on Nov 20, 2020
Had some difficulty to get my audio on, but the Dr was patient and helpful. Once on, it worked fine.
Reviewed on Oct 26, 2020
dr was extremely helpful and reassuring and the nurse was very nice, friendly and calm
Reviewed on Oct 15, 2020
EXCELLENT EXPERIENCE DR BOBART WAS WONDERFUL IN EXPLAINING EVERYTHING IN DETAIL ABOUT MY CONDITION I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE I KNOW WHO NEEDS HIS TYPE OF EXPERTISE
© 2021 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.