Treatment & Services
- Falls Prevention In The Elderly
- Neuro Rehabilitation
- Neuromuscular Rehabilitation
- Physical Medicine And Rehabilitation
- Rehabilitation Of Neuromuscular And Orthopedic Disorders
- Rehabilitation Services
- Stroke Rehabilitation
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Gait Dysfunction
- Spinal Cord Injury
Is Cleveland Clinic Florida Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Florida locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
Spinal Cord Injury Center
Chicago, IL USA
Residency - Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
Chicago, IL USA
Internship - Cook County Hospital
Chicago, IL USA
Medical School - Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
Chicago, IL USA
Undergraduate - University of Illinois Hospital at Urbana-Champaign
Urbana, IL USA
- ACGME Subspecialty Certification: Spinal Cord Medicine 2008
- Associate Editor: PM&R
- Editor: "Lin's Textbook of Spinal Cord Medicine"
- Resident Teaching Award: Case Western Reserve University 2005
- Project Director & PI: Northeast Ohio Regional SCI System: 1995-1997
- President: American Paraplegia Society 2013 - 2015
- Professor of Medicine: Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation - Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
falls prevention, geriatrics, rehabilitation, spinal cord injury, Stroke
Awards & Honors
- "Top Docs," Cleveland Magazine, 2000-2012
- Prince Visiting Professor: Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago, 2006
- Sidney Licht Lectureship Ohio State University, 2000
- Julius N. Frankel Fellow in Spinal Cord Injury Northwestern University 1987-1988
Innovations & Patents
- Dr. Frost conceived and created the 6-Clicks capability measurement tool– now licensed by over 1000 hospitals in the United States. He assembled and directed the team responsible for the validation and clinical integration of the tool, a short form of Boston University's AmPAC, which allows rapid measurement of physical function and performance of patients in acute care hospitals. Similar to the Case Mix Index, the 6-Clicks tool was designed as an overlay to conventional electronic medical records systems, and allows hospitals to measure and manage rehabilitation and post-acute resource utilization. In addition, the tool allows for rational decision-making to direct appropriate planning for post-discharge care in patients with physical disability.
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Paraplegia Society (President)
- American Spinal Injury Association (Board of Directors)
- Association of Academic Physiatrists
- International Society of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 10/19/2018, Dr. Frost has reported the financial relationships with the companies listed below. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Royalty Payments. Dr. Frost receives or has the right to receive royalty payments for inventions or discoveries commercialized through the companies shown below:
- Adeo, LLC
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
47 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||5|
|Knows Medical History||4.6|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.9|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.9|
5 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Oct 31, 2018
Dr. Frost is an excellent physician and gentleman who listens to my concerns and advises me on my medical choices. I have great respect for him as a doctor and a human being..
Reviewed on May 24, 2018
Dr. Frost and staff were terrific every time I went there
Reviewed on Apr 12, 2018
The Doctor explain to me about therapy.
Reviewed on Apr 5, 2018
Excellent, caring, informative doctor.
Reviewed on Feb 22, 2018
Dr. Frost is excellent! He knows so much about the range of concerns regarding PMR; I use him as my specialist a number of areas.
© 2018 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.