Penelope Rampersad, MD, MSc, FRCPC
Cleveland Clinic Main Campus
Treatment & Services
- Abnormal Stress Test
- Acute Care Medicine
- Acute Inpatient Care
- Acute Postoperative Pain Management
- Adult General Clinical Cardiology
- Arrhythmia Management Including Cardioversion
- Assessment of Myocardial Viability
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Cardiac Critical Care
- Cardiac Device Therapy
- Cardiac Intensive Care
- Cardiac Rapid Response (CMET)
- Cardiac Risk Factor Reduction
- Cardiac Transplant
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Cardiovascular Critical Care
- Cardiovascular Medicine
- Cardiovascular Medicine Department
- Clinical Cardiology Section
- Clinical Mechanical Cardiac Support
- Clinical Research in Congenital Heart Disease
- Coronary Intensive Care
- Critical Care
- Critical Care Cardiology
- Critical Care Medicine
- Diagnostic Clinical Cardiology
- Doppler Echocardiography
- ECMO (Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation)
- Electrocardiogram (EKG or ECG)
- End-of-Life Care
- Endotracheal Intubation
- Evidence-based Medicine
- Flexible Fiberoptic Laryngoscopy
- General Cardiology
- General Cardiology Consult
- Healthcare Administration
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Disease Prevention
- Heart Failure Management
- Heart Lung Transplant
- Hemodynamic Evaluation
- Inotropic Support
- Intensive Care of Complex Post Operative Problems
- Intra-Aortic Balloon Pumping
- Invasive Monitoring
- Lipid-Lowering Therapy
- Long-Term Ventilator Care
- Mechanical Assist Devices
- Mechanical Ventilation
- Medical Consultation in Perioperative Care
- Medical/Surgical Decision-making
- Moderate and Deep Sedation
- Oxygen Therapy
- Perioperative Cardiac Management
- Perioperative Echocardiography
- Positive Airway Pressure Titration (CPAP; Bilevel PAP Titration)
- Post Operative Cardiac Care in Hospital or OPD
- Post-Acute Care
- Postoperative Medicine
- Preoperative Evaluation of Valvular Disease
- Swan-Ganz Catheterization
- Temporary Pacemakers
- Timing of Valve Surgery
- Tracheal Intubation
- Transesophageal Echocardiogram (TEE)
- Transthoracic Echocardiogram (TTE)
- Ultrasound-guided Procedures
- Ultrasound-guided Vascular Access
- Vascular Access
- Vascular Ultrasound
- Ventilator Management
- Ventilator Support for Critical Illnesses
- Ventricular Assist Device
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Acid-Base Disorders
- Acquired Adult Cardiac Disease
- Acquired Valve Disease
- Acute Coronary Syndromes
- Acute Lung Injury
- Acute Myocardial Infarction
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease
- Advanced Ischemic Heart Disease
- Aortic Insufficiency
- Bacterial Endocarditis
- Cardiomyopathy Valvular
- Cardiovascular Disease in Women
- Cardiovascular Risk Prevention
- Chronic Heart Failure
- Congenital Cardiomyopathy
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG)
- Coronary Artery Spasm
- Dissection of the Aorta
- Emergency Cardiology
- Exertional Chest Pain
- Heart Valve Infections
- Hypertension - High Blood Pressure
- Hypertension in Pregnancy
- Hypertension in the Elderly
- Ischemic Heart Disease
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH)
- Pulmonary Heart Disease
- Respiratory Failure
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest
- Surgical Critical Care
- Valvular Heart Disease
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
About Penelope Rampersad, MD, MSc, FRCPC
After completing a Masters in Cardiac Physiology, Dr. Rampersad earned her medical degree from the University of Manitoba in Winnipeg, Canada. She completed both her Internal Medicine residency and Adult Cardiology fellowship at the University of Toronto, in Toronto, Canada. She then went onto complete additional subspecialty fellowships in Adult Congenital Cardiology at the University of Toronto, and Critical Care Medicine at the Cleveland Clinic. Dr. Rampersad is a Fellow the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada with standing in Internal Medicine, Adult Cardiology, and Critical Care Medicine. She is also a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology (FACC) and has completed the Examination of Special Competence in Adult Echocardiography.
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Critical Care Medicine
Cleveland, OH USA
Fellowship - University of Toronto
Adult Cardiology (Congenital Heart Disease) Clinical Research Fellowship
Fellowship - University of Toronto
Residency - University of Toronto
Medical Education - University of Manitoba
Graduate School - University of Manitoba
Undergraduate - University of Alberta
- Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine - Cardiology
Critical Care Cardiology Adult Congenital Heart Disease Mechanical Circulatory Support Cardiogenic Shock
Research & Publications
See publications for Penelope Rampersad, MD, MSc, FRCPC.
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 5/2/2023, Dr. Rampersad has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
42 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||5|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||5|
9 Patient Comments
© 2023 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.
Reviewed on May 12, 2023
Dr. Rampersand was extremely thoughtful and thorough. All of my concerns were addressed.
Reviewed on May 12, 2023
Dr. Rampersand was thoughtful and thorough. All of my concerns were addressed. I would recommend her to others as well.
Reviewed on Feb 17, 2023
I was very impressed with her thoroughness
Reviewed on Feb 10, 2023
Doctor took time to answer all my questions about test results and explain diagnosis and treatment.
Reviewed on Feb 3, 2023
I loved *Dr. Rampersad. She was engaged in the visit and I did not feel rushed. Would strongly recommend her to anyone!
Reviewed on Nov 18, 2022
Dr Rampersad is very caring, patient and professional.
Reviewed on Aug 26, 2022
Dr Rampersad is a caring and compassionate physician. She is very professional but at the same time makes me as a patient feel like part of the family.
Reviewed on Jun 17, 2022
Dr. Rampersad and her team are a delight to visit with.
Reviewed on Jun 17, 2022
Dr. Rampersad is a very thorough and pleasant person.