Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System
New Hyde Park, NY USA
Residency - Children's Hospital of Michigan
Detroit, MI USA
Residency - Glenfield Hospital
Pediatric and Cardiac ICU Trainee, Department of Pediatric Cardiology
Leicester, United Kingdom
Residency - Royal College of Pediatrics & Child Health
Post Doctoral Training - Pediatric Trainee
Medical Education - Osmania Medical College, University of Health Sciences
- Medical Staff, Cleveland Clinic Children's, Pediatric Cardiology, 9/2016 - present
- Pediatric Cardiologist, Women and Children’s Hospital, Department of Pediatric Cardiology, 10/2015- 8/2016
- Clinical Instructor, Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine, 07/2012- 06/2015
- Clinical Teaching Fellow, Birmingham Children’s Hospital, United Kingdom, 08/2007-02/2008
- Multidisciplinary journal club, Divisions of Pediatric Cardiology and Pediatric Critical Care; Cohen Children's Medical Center, New Hyde Park, NY - Led reviews of the current literature and participated in the development of Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Pediatric cardiology journal club, Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Cohen Children’s Medical Center, New Hyde Park, NY - Presented monthly reviews of current literature and clinically relevant landmark scientific articles
- Fellow lecture series, Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Cohen Children’s Medical Center, New Hyde Park, NY Presentation of lectures to pediatric cardiology fellows, general pediatric residents and medical students
- ECG Lab, Department of Pediatrics, Cohen Children’s Medical Center, New Hyde Park, NY Led monthly interactive teaching sessions with residents regarding pediatric ECG interpretation
- Peer Reviewed Articles
- Single-center Experience of Outcomes of Tracheostomy in Children with Congenital Heart Disease, Geetha Challapudi, Girija Natarajan & Sanjeev Aggarwal; Congenital Heart Disease March 2013, 8(6) 556-560.
- Geetha Challapudi, Girija Natarajan, Sanjeev Aggarwal. (2012). Single-center Experience of Outcomes of Tracheostomy in Children with Congenital Heart Disease, Poster session presented at American Academy of Pediatrics National Conference, New Orleans, October 2012.
- Pediatrics - Pediatric Cardiology
I am interested in General Pediatric Cardiology concerns and Imaging challenges
Awards & Honors
- All India Child Arts Competition,India- Elementary School, 1991
- Best Outgoing Student of the year 1993- Holy Mary HighSchool, India; March 1993
- Best Educator Award, Birmingham Children’s Hospital,United Kingdom; January 2008
- Best Doctor Award- Healing LittleHearts Charity, United Kingdom on a Charity medical camp; March 2009
- American Academy of Pediatrics - Member: 2009- Present
- American Medical Association - Member: 2009-2012
- American College of Cardiology - Member: 2012-2015
- American Heart association - Member: 2012- 2015
- New York Pediatric Echo society Trainee: 2012-2015
- Society of Cardiovascular Angiography & Interventions Foundation (SCAI)- Trainee: 2013-2015
- American Society of Echocardiography-Member: 2016- Present.
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 12/12/2018, Dr. Challapudi has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
37 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.8|
|Knows Medical History||4.6|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.5|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.8|
6 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Apr 29, 2019
Dr. Challapudi was amazing. her bedside manner is so professional while still being relative to a new mom with a potentially scary situation for her new baby. My husband and I felt at total ease being in her care and we are truly thankful for her expertise!!!
Reviewed on Apr 10, 2019
doctor was excellent - very knowledgeable, and very warm. I was very happy with our visit.
Reviewed on Apr 9, 2019
*Dr. Challapudi was very good with our son. He was not happy to be there and she was able to calm him down in order to get the test done that she needed.
Reviewed on Apr 1, 2019
This was a very positive experience for my daughter. *Dr. Challapudi was able to explain things very well. I was also very pleased with the dietician that saw my daughter. She was quite helpful.
Reviewed on Feb 28, 2019
I really appreciated Dr. Challapudi's willingness to answer questions. She didn't rush out of the room and was very gentle with my (nervous) child. She was patient and kind and wonderful, and then gave her two stickers. Everyone at the office was great.
Reviewed on Aug 2, 2018
Dr Challapudi was fantastic, she directed her communication to our daughter since it is her body which we thought was great. She answered all of our questions in a manner that was easy for us to understand and even drew a diagram to explain in more detail.
© 2019 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.