Treatment & Services
- Cancer Center
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia (CMML)
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS)
- Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Hematology and Oncology
Cleveland, OH USA
Fellowship - University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
Houston, TX USA
Residency - Atlanticare Regional Medical Center
Atlantic City, NJ USA
Medical School - Tishreen University Faculty of Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine - Hematology
- Internal Medicine - Medical Oncology
Leukemia, MDS, AML, MPN, myelofibrosis, CML, mastocytosis, CMML
Awards & Honors
- Paul Calabresi Career Development Award (NIH K12), 2016
- Cleveland Clinic Excellence in Teaching Award, 2016
- AACR/ASCO Methods in Clinical Cancer Research Scholarship, 2016
- Peskind Memorial Award for Excellence in Scientific Research, Cleveland Clinic, 2016
- American Society of Hematology Abstract Achievement Award 57th Annual Meeting, 2015
- Who's Who in the World 2016 (Marquis, 33rd Edition), 2015
- Advocacy Leadership Institute, American Society of Hematology, 2015
- Cleveland Clinic Excellence in Teaching Award, 2015
- American Society of Clinical Oncology Trainee Travel Award, 2015
- William E. Lower Non-Clinical Research Award, Cleveland Clinic, 2015
- American Society of Hematology Abstract Achievement Award 56th Annual Meeting, 2014
- Cleveland Clinic Excellence in Teaching Award, 2014
- Selected Mentor, American Society of Clinical Oncology Diversity Mentoring Program, 2014
- Young Investigator Travel Award, Society of Hematologic Oncology Annual Meeting, 2014
- American Society of Hematology Abstract Achievement Award 55th Annual Meeting, 2013
- James S. and Suzanne Cyrus Scholar Award Finalist, Division of Internal Medicine Research Retreat, MD Anderson Cancer Center, 2013
- Future Leader in Hematology for Clinical Research Award, 2012
- American Society of Hematology Abstract Achievement Award 54th Annual Meeting, 2012
- Poster finalist, Trainee Research Day, MD Anderson Cancer Center, 2012
- American Society of Hematology Abstract Achievement Award 53rd Annual Meeting, 2011
- Resident Teacher of the Year Award, Outstanding performance, Leadership and initiative, AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center, 2011
- Scholastic Achievement Award, Outstanding score - internal medicine, In-training examination, AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center, 2011
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 2/1/2018, Dr. Nazha has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
33 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Knows Medical History||4.4|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.7|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.7|
1 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Apr 19, 2017
Dr. Carroway was excellent!
© 2018 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.