Treatment & Services
- Botulinum Toxin Injection for Dystonia
- Botulinum Toxin Injections
- Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS)
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Atypical Parkinsonism
- Corticobasal Syndrome (CBS)
- Essential Tremor
- Movement Disorders
- Myoclonus (muscle twitch)
- Parkinson's Disease
- Progressive Supranuclear Palsy
- Restless Leg Syndrome
- Tardive Dyskinesia
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - University of California-San Diego
La Jolla, CA USA
Residency - The University of Texas at Austin
Austin, TX USA
Residency - Jewish Hospital
Cincinnati, OH USA
Medical School - Touro University Nevada
Henderson, NV USA
Medical School - Scripps College
Clermont, CA USA
Undergraduate - University of California-Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara, CA USA
- Initiated first botulinum toxin for Dystonia clinic in southern Nevada
- CurePSP Physician Education Committee Board Member
- First author of research paper on preventing falls in Progressive Supranuclear Palsy
- Clinical Trials Principal Investigator
- First author of article revision for Medlink
- Created and developed national Center of Excellence initiative for non-profit organization
Awards & Honors
- CurePSP Physician Education Committee 11/15 – Present. Board member on national committee to increase awareness, improve diagnosis and management of PSP
- Parkinson's Study Group - Classic Motor Features of Parkinson’s Working Group Member 08/15 - Present. Collaborate with leaders in the field of Parkinson's disease to develop and conduct research trials
- Texas Neurologic Society Resident Chair, Texas, 08/11-06/14. Lead and organize Texas Neurology Residents, increase membership, designate institutional resident chairs
- UTSW Austin Resident Teacher of the Year, Austin, Texas, 06/11 - 06/12. For dedication to mentoring and teaching of medical students and residents
- UTSW S.M.A.R.T. Award, Austin, Texas, 09/11. Certificate of achievement for demonstrating great service at UMCB Brackenridge Hospital
- UTSW Austin Stroke Committee Resident Chair, Austin, TX, 06/11-06/14. Assist in educating residents and faculty about stroke management /research
- Sigma Phi Phi National Osteopathic Medical School Honor's Society, NV, 09/09 - 06/10. Vice President: Touro University Nevada Chapter
- American Medical Student Association, Las Vegas, NV, 10/07 – 06/08. Director of Advocacy Committee: Touro University Nevada Chapter
- Parkinson Study Group
- CurePSP Physician Education Committee
- Huntington Disease Society of America
- Dystonia Study Group
- Dystonia Coalition
- Dystonia Medical Research Foundation
- National Ataxia Foundation
- Movement Disorders Society
- Texas Neurologic Society
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Osteopathic Association
- American College of Physicians
- American Medical Association
- California Osteopathic Medical Association
- Nevada Osteopathic Medical Association
- Texas Osteopathic Medical Association
- Sigma Phi Phi National Osteopathic Medical School Honor's Society
- American Heart Association
- American Stroke Association
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 10/2/2017, Dr. Bluett has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
208 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||5|
|Knows Medical History||4.9|
|Time Spent with Patient||5|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.9|
16 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Feb 21, 2018
Dr Bluett really cares about me, my family and my health. He always makes sure I am comfortable and that I understand what's happening. He really cares about people with HD
Reviewed on Jan 23, 2018
I am extremely happy to have Dr. Bluett as my Parkinson's physician, who is very concerned about my health.
Reviewed on Dec 7, 2017
Dr. Bluett walked me to the reception desk and made sure that i was given my next appointment at the proper time.
Reviewed on Dec 7, 2017
Dr Bluett is very aware of my situation and appreciates my opinion and is very easy to work with!!! Excellent re pore. He's the best!
Reviewed on Nov 27, 2017
*Dr. Bluett is an outstanding dr. - he's extremely personable and more importantly he genuinely CARES.
Reviewed on Nov 2, 2017
*Dr. Bluett is caring, compassionate, understanding a fantastic provider.
Reviewed on Oct 31, 2017
I have nothing but positive comments to say regarding Dr. Bluett.
Reviewed on Oct 23, 2017
I am glad I found dr. blueitt he is the best neurologist I have ever had and I stand behind him 100%
Reviewed on Sep 5, 2017
Excellent bed side manner, super person, and very up beat and honest with his words.
Reviewed on Aug 29, 2017
Dr. Bluett was wonderful. We left feeling that we finally found a doctor for my son's disorders that would be cared for with respect and great judgement. As a concerned mother, I left with a secured feeling of knowing my son's health is in the right hands. Thank you!
Reviewed on Jun 28, 2017
Dr. Bluett was very nice & thorough.
Reviewed on May 18, 2017
I cannot say enough good about Dr Bluett. He always goes above and beyond as far as making sure I am doing okay, that he is performing the procedure well and like Regina, respectful of me as a person. I almost feel like a member of the family when I'm getting care from them. It certainly makes my condition much more tolerable by having them as my care givers. And my previous injection was the best result that I have ever had with any of the physicians and all the years that I have been receiving them!! And I have been getting them for around 20 years from a variety of doctors.
Reviewed on May 16, 2017
Every aspect of my visit was positive. The staff were all very courteous. Dr. Bluett was very professional, caring, and knowledgeable while maintaining an excellent bedside manner.
Reviewed on May 12, 2017
Dr. Bluett takes time to thoroughly explain everything about my health.
Reviewed on Apr 12, 2017
Dr. Bluett is excellent. I just wish he was available more often.
Reviewed on Apr 12, 2017
after many years of struggling to find a doctor with dystonia experience it was wonderful to finally talk to a doctor who actually knew how to help. but more importantly, he gave me hope for my future quality of life.
© 2018 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.