Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Interstitial Lung Disease (ILD)
- Lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM)
- Pulmonary Disease
Is Cleveland Clinic Florida Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Florida locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, PA USA
Residency - Temple University Hospital
Philadelphia, PA USA
Medical School - Yale University School of Medicine
New Haven, CT USA
Undergraduate - Brown University
Providence, RI USA
- In addition to his clinical activities, Dr. Kotloff has made medical education and scholarship a focus of his career. He has authored over 100 peer-reviewed articles, reviews, and book chapters and has edited or co-edited six books. He previously directed the Pulmonary and Critical Care Fellowship Training Program at the University of Pennsylvania for 24 years. He has served as Chair of the Pulmonary Disease Test Writing Committee of the American Board of Internal Medicine, Chair of the Transplant Network of the American College of Chest Physicians, and as President of the Association of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Program Directors. Previous editorial board positions include Associate Editor of the American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, Section Editor for CHEST, and Associate Editor of the Annals of the American Thoracic Society (AnnalsATS). He currently is the Senior Deputy Editor for AnnalsATS. Dr. Kotloff is the 2011 recipient of the American College of Chest Physicians College Medalist Award recognizing meritorious service in furthering work in chest medicine. He is also the 2016 recipient of the American Thoracic Society Outstanding Educator Award which recognizes "lifetime contributions in education and mentoring in the fields of pulmonary, critical care or sleep medicine."
- Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine - Critical Care Medicine
- Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Disease
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 4/16/2017, Dr. Kotloff has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
64 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Knows Medical History||4.9|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.9|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||5|
4 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Nov 8, 2017
Dr. Kotloff was very informative and addressed all my questions.
Reviewed on Oct 16, 2017
Dr. Kotloff was excellent. He was kind and patient. He was also very knowledgeable, and was able to pinpoint my problem. I was referred to him because my local pulmonologist couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. Dr. Kotloff diagonosed me quickly, and gave me a plan of action that will help preserve my health.
Reviewed on Jul 5, 2017
The doctor gave advice on what follow-up care I should pursue with my pulmonologist at home.
Reviewed on Apr 17, 2017
he leaves too many decisions up to me.
© 2018 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.