Is Cleveland Clinic Nevada Part of Your Insurance?
For questions about accepted insurance plans for our Nevada locations and specific plan products including Medicare, please contact your insurance carrier directly.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Residency - Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Lubbock, TX USA
Internship - Soundshore Medical Center
New Rochelle, NY USA
Medical School - Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Guadalajara, Jalisco, New Mexico
Internship - University of Arizona Medical Center
Tucson, AZ USA
Published a book: A Bedside Guide To Mechanical Ventilation Articles Published:
Comprehensive and personalized care of the hemodialysis patient in tassin, france: a model for the patient-centered medical home for subspecialty patients.Anvari E, Mojazi Amiri H, Aristimuno P, Chazot C, Nugent K.ISRN Nephrol. 2012 Dec 22;2013:792732. doi: 10.5402/2013/792732. eCollection 2013. Review.PMID:24967230
- Medical literature searches: a comparison of PubMed and Google Scholar.Nourbakhsh E, Nugent R, Wang H, Cevik C, Nugent K.Health Info Libr J. 2012 Sep;29(3):214-22. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-1842.2012.00992.x. Epub 2012 Jun 19.PMID:22925384
- Abdominal wall hematomas associated with low-molecular-weight heparins: an important complication in older adults.Nourbakhsh E, Anvari R, Nugent K.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2011 Aug;59(8):1543-5. doi: 10.1111/j.1532-5415.2011.03529.x. Review. No abstract available.
- Postoperative bleeding in a patient with normal screening coagulation tests.Nourbakhsh E, Anvari R, D'cunha N, Thaxton L, Malik A, Nugent K.Am J Med Sci. 2011 Sep;342(3):262-4. doi: 10.1097/MAJ.0b013e3182246109.PMID:21804371
- Generalized lymphadenopathy secondary to an invasive fungal infection in an apparently healthy patient.Nourbakhsh E, Goodman S, Nash S, Nugent K.Am J Med Sci. 2010 Jul;340(1):84-8. doi: 10.1097/MAJ.0b013e3181df7ff8.
- Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine - Nephrology
Intraabdominal hypertension/abdominal compartment syndrome, nutrition in patients with renal failure, glomerulonphritis, dialysis vascular access, nocturnal dialysis
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 12/21/2016, Dr. Anvari has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.