Treatment & Services
- Blood Tests
- Cancer Screening
- Diagnosing Asthma
- Diagnostic Internal Medicine
- General Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Medication Management
- Preventive Medicine
- Screening and Testing
- Treating Asthma With Bronchodilators
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Abdominal Pain
- Alzheimer's and Dementia
- Anxiety Disorder
- Atherosclerosis (vascular)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Adult
- Back Pain in Athletes
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Barrett's Esophagus
- Blood Clots
- Bone Disorders
- Chlamydia Trachomatis
- Chronic Illness
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Cold Sores
- Common Cold
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Dermatitis - Contact
- Ear Infections (Otitis Media)
- Endocrine Disorders
- Enlarged Prostate/Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Estrogen Replacement Therapy (ERT)
- Fast Facts: Conjunctivitis
- Female Incontinence
- Functional Impairment
- Gas (Digestive)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux (GERD)
- Growth Failure in Children with Kidney Disease
- Head Lice
- Heart Attack
- Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Heart Murmur
- Heart Palpitations
- Hepatitis B
- Herniated Disc
- High Cholesterol
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Hypertension - High Blood Pressure
- Influenza (Flu)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Kidney Infections
- Lateral Epicondylitis/tennis Elbow
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Middle Ear Infection
- Migraine Headaches
- Molluscum Contagiosum
- Parathyroid Disease Description
- Pediatric Knee Pain
- Peripheral Artery Disease
- Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD)
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Disease
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Restless Leg Syndrome
- Rosacea (Adult Acne)
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Sexually Transmitted Disease
- Shin Splints
- Shingles (Varicella-Zoster Virus)
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Sore Throat (Pharyngitis)
- Strep Throat
- Stress and Physical Health
- Substance Abuse
- Temporal Arteritis
- Tension Headaches
- The Poison Plants: Poison Ivy, Poison Oak and Poison Sumac
- Thyroid Nodule
- Undiagnosed Conditions
- Venous Insufficiency
Is Cleveland Clinic Florida Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Florida locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Medical School - The Ohio State University
Nephrology - Research
Columbus, OH USA
Residency - The Ohio State University
Columbus, OH USA
Medical School - University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine
Chicago, IL USA
Undergraduate - Depaul University
Chicago, IL USA
Fellowship - University of Minnesota
Minneapolis, MN USA
- Dr. Rutecki was the first occupant of the E. Stephen Kurtides Chair of Medical Education at Evanston Hospital and Professor of Medicine at the Feinberg School of Medicine Northwestern University.
- Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine - Nephrology
Internal Medicine Hypertension
Awards & Honors
- The George Joost Award: Outstanding Clinical Teacher in Medicine from the graduating class at Northwestern University Medical School (2001).
Innovations & Patents
- He is a member of Alpha Omega Alpha National Honor Medical Society. He was named Master Teacher at NEOUCOM (1996-1999); to Consumers Research Council's "America's Top Physicians" (Internal Medicine) and elected to membership in the Leading Physicians of the World (Nephrology) by the International Association of Internists. He received the Lifeline of Ohio Educator of the Year Award in 2008.
- Fellow of The Center for Bioethics and Human Dignity: Adjunct Professor of Bioethics, Trinity International University, Bannockburn, Illinois
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 2/9/2017, Dr. Rutecki has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
76 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.8|
|Knows Medical History||4.4|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.7|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4|
6 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Jun 29, 2017
Dr. Ruteki was good and he wanted to see me for a follow-up in 3 weeks.
Reviewed on Jan 11, 2017
Dr. Rutecki did a very good job of dealing with us. Great "bedside" manner and good explanation of things. I would suggest asking at the end if we have any further questions.
Reviewed on Nov 1, 2016
Dr Rutecki showed much concern for my problem. He had me in to see cardiology within one week for my problem, which I really appreciated.
Reviewed on Nov 1, 2016
He was the most friendly,helpful and courteous dr.I have ever met.
Reviewed on Oct 26, 2016
Very pleased with the time spent with myself and my wife. A very thorough visit
Reviewed on Oct 18, 2016
© 2017 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.