Elham Yousef, MD
- Call 216.444.5633
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Residency - Rush-Copley Medical Center
Aurora, IL USA
Residency - Assiut University Hospitals
Medical School - Assiut University Faculty of Medicine
- Advanced Peer Coaching, CCF
- Assistant Professor of Medicine, of Cleveland Clinic Lerner College (CCLCM) of Medicine of Case Western Reserve University (CWRU).
- Executive MBA- Executive Master of Business Administration program- of Weathered School of Management of Case Western Reserve, class of 2020.
- Masters in Clinical Science (MSc)
- Director, Acute Care of the Foundation of Clinical Medicine of CCLCM
- Member At Large, Executive Board of the Women’s professional Staff Association (WPSA) of CCF
- Chair, Society of Hospital Medicine Diagnosis Error Subcommittee
- Member At Large, American College of Physicians, Ohio Chapter Governor’s Advisory Council.
- Society to Improve Diagnosis in Medicine, Education Committee
- Society to Improve Diagnosis in Medicine, Policy and Advocacy Committee
- Society of Hospital Medicine Diagnosis, Hospital Quality and Patient Safety Committee.
- Ohio Patient Safety Association, Diagnosis Errors Subcommittee
- Treasure and Members out reach, Lake Erie Chapter, Society of Hospital Medicine.
- Family Medicine
- Internal Medicine
Adult Inpatient Hospital Medicine, Perioperative Medicine, Quality and Patient Safety with special interest in Diagnosis Errors and Diagnosis Safety, Medical Education, Clinical Reasoning, Critical Thinking, Professional Development, Professional Women Advancement and Advanced Peer Coaching.
Awards & Honors
- Fellow American College of Physicians.
- Fellow Society of Hospital Medicine
- Distinguished Educator Status, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College
- Scholarship for Outstanding Scholastic Achievement from College of Family Physicians of Canada
- Scholarship for Outstanding Scholastic Achievement from North American Primary Care Research Group.
- Scholarship for Outstanding scholastic Achievement from The Association of Family Medicine Residency Directors
- Award for Recognition of Demonstrated Ability and Commitment to Medical Education, Society of Teachers of Family Medicine.
- American College of Physician (ACP)
- Society of Hospital Medicine (SHM)
- Society to Improve Diagnosis in Medicine (SIDM)
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- Society of General Internal Medicine (SGIM)
- American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP)
- Society of Teachers of Family Medicine (STFM)
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 4/2/2019, Dr. Yousef has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
34 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.8|
|Knows Medical History||3.9|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.5|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.7|
2 Patient Comments
Reviewed on May 15, 2018
very good experience during a very scary time for me. loved this doctor, kind and reassuring.
Reviewed on Apr 24, 2018
I appreciate the doctors concern and explanation regarding one of my medications and the possible effects it could cause for my long term health care.
© 2019 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.