Treatment & Services
- Clinical Trials
- Positive Airway Pressure Titration (CPAP; Bilevel PAP Titration)
- Sleep Studies
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Circadian Rhythm Disorders
- Restless Leg Syndrome
- Sleep Apnea
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - University Hospitals of Cleveland
Sleep Medicine and Neurology
Cleveland, OH USA
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
Cleveland, OH USA
Residency - Loyola University Medical Center
Maywood, IL USA
Medical Education - Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine
Rootstown, OH USA
Undergraduate - Youngstown State University
Youngstown, OH USA
- 2004 - Co-Founder, Pulmonary Disease Clinic of the Free Clinic of Greater Cleveland, Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH
- 2008-2010 - President, Women Faculty of the School of Medicine, Case School of Medicine
- Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Disease
- Internal Medicine - Critical Care Medicine
- Internal Medicine - Sleep Medicine
Sleep disordered breathing, cardiovascular disease sleep disordered breathing and cardiac arrhythmias.
Awards & Honors
- NIH Ruth L. Kirchstein National Research Service Award, 2002
- Associated Professional Sleep Societies Young Investigator Award, Association of Nocturnal Arrhythmias with Sleep-Disordered Breathing: The Sleep Heart Health Study, 2003
- NIH Clinical Loan Repayment Program Award, 2004
- American Heart Association National Scientist Development Award, 2002
- Fellow, American College of Chest Physicians, 2005
- American College of Chest Physicians (ACCP)-Associated Subspecialty Professors (ASP) T. Franklin Williams Scholar Award: Alcohol Use, Sleep Disorders and Arrhythmias in Elderly Men, 2005
- K12 Multidisciplinary Clinical Research Training Program Award, 2006
- Junior Faculty Career Development Award, Women Faculty of School of (WFSOM): Attended Association of American Medical Colleges Faculty Career Development Seminar, 2006
- NIH/NHLBI K23 Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development Award, 2006
- NIH Clinical Loan Repayment Program Award renewal, 2007
- Central Society of Clinical Research Career Development Award, 2008
- Central Society of Clinical Research Young Investigator Award, 2008
- American Federation for Medical Research Scholar Award, 2008
- Associated Professional Sleep Societies Young Investigator Forum, Selected to participate in a research series held at the NIH Bethesda, MD, 2009
- Academic Careers in Engineering and Science Program (ACES) Sponsored Leadership Personal Coaching, 2009-2010
- Junior Scholar Travel Grant for the American Geriatrics Society Comparative Effectiveness Research Meeting, 2010
- Sleep Research Network Minority Travel Award, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 2010
- Flora Stone Center for Women Career Development for Research and Creative Activity, 2010
- Nominated by Dean of the Medical School
- Recipient of the T. Franklin Williams Scholar (TFWS) Alumni Executive Leadership Award to participate in the 2012 AAIM Executive Leadership Program, Crimson Group Inc: Consulting and Leadership Training in Healthcare, 2012
- Recipient of the REACH for Commercialization Fellowship, funded by the National Science Foundation ADVANCE Grant, introduces women in STEM to the multiple pathways toward entrepreneurship with the aim of extending the REACH” of your research beyond your lab (e.g. patenting, licensing, corporate partnering), 2012
- Mid-Career Faculty Career Development Award, Women Faculty of School of (WFSOM): Selected to attend Association of Mid-Career Faculty American Medical Colleges Faculty Career Development Seminar, 2012
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor, 2012
- Best Doctors (Pulmonary Medicine, Sleep Medicine), 2011-2014
- American College of Chest Physicians 1999 - present
- American Association for Bronchology 2000 - 2002
- American Thoracic Society 2000 - present
- Associated Professional Sleep Societies 2002 - present
- Associated Subspecialty Professors 2005 - present
- American Geriatrics Society 2005 - present
- Fellow, American College of Chest Physicians 2005 - present
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine Respiratory Task Force: Respiratory Event Scoring and Measurement 2005 - present
- Central Society of Clinical Research 2005 - 2009
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine Respiratory Task Force (Respiratory Event Scoring and Measurement) 2005 - 2013
- Member, Women Faculty of the School of Medicine (WFSOM) Executive Committee 2006 - present
- NHLBI Candidate Gene Association Resource (CARe) ECG Working Group: The goal is to perform candidate gene analyses in large cohort studies (i.e. Framingham, CARDIA, ARIC, CHS, MESA, Sleep Heart Health Study, Cleveland Family Study) 2007 - 2011
- Member of the atrial fibrillation, PR interval and QT interval phenotype working groups
- Treasurer, Women Faculty of the School of Medicine 2007 - 2008
- Member, Subcommittee to Review WFSOM Junior and Mid-Career Professional Development Awards 2007 - present
- American Federation of Medical Research Council 2008 - 2009
- NHLBI CARe Coagulation, Biomarker and Peripheral Arterial Disease Working Groups 2008 - 2011
- American Federation for Medical Research Council Member 2008 - 2009
- President, Women Faculty of the School of Medicine, Case School of Medicine 2008 - 2010
- Member, WFSOM Subcommittee to Review Executive Leadership in Academic Medicine (ELAM) candidates to put forth to the Dean of the School of Medicine 2008 - present
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine Educational Task Force: Portable Sleep Monitoring 2009 - present
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine Educational Task Force 2009 - present
- T. Franklin Williams Scholar Alumni Meeting Planning Group 2009 - present
- Clinical Translational Science Collaborative Sleep Research Network Liaison for Case Western Reserve University 2010 - present
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine, Portable Monitoring Technology Task Force 2010 - present
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine, Sleep Apnea Definitions Task Force 2010 - present
- Charged with establishing national standards for definitions of respiratory events used across sleep laboratories setting the stage for insurance reimbursements
- Co-Director, HeartBEAT Study (randomized controlled trial) Electrophysiology Working Group 2010 - present
- Case Western Reserve University, Liaison, National Sleep Research Network 2010 - present
- Sleep Research Society 2010 - present
- American Heart Association Study Section, Reviewer Committee 2012 - present
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine, Diagnostic Testing for Obstructive Sleep Apnea Task Force 2012 - present
- Sleep and Respiratory Neurobiology (SRN) Assembly Planning Committee for American Thoracic Society 2012 - present
- NHLBI Ancillary Studies in Clinical Trials Review, Special Emphasis Panel, ad hoc member 2012 - present
- Ad hoc member, NIH Cardiovascular and Sleep Epidemiology Study Section 2012 - present
- President's Committee on Child Care Options, Case Western Reserve University 2012 - present
- Co-Director, FLEX Program, Professional Development Program for Women Faculty of the Case School of Medicine: A customized program via a series of workshops and coaching sessions designed to provide executive leadership training to help women faculty develop competencies in communication, leadership, and executive presence training to advance their careers and prepare for leadership opportunities. 2012 - 2014
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 8/22/2023, Dr. Mehra has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
70 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.8|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.7|
6 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Nov 13, 2023
Loved Dr. MEHRA
Reviewed on Oct 16, 2023
Dr. Mehra was very kind, attentive, and thorough. She did not rush and explained everything in detail. She made sure I had everything I needed before I departed. Excellent encounter.
Reviewed on Sep 13, 2023
Doctor and I worked out a game plan because of some inconclusive test results
Reviewed on Jul 17, 2023
I was so pleased with my experience with Dr Mehra. She was easy to talk to, she listened to me and I felt that she genuinely felt like she could help me.
Reviewed on Feb 13, 2023
Everyone was very kind, helpful and professional. Dr Mehra was so kind, caring, compassionate and very informative.
Reviewed on Dec 12, 2022
Wonderful! Dr. Mehra always listens to me and provides options for a treatment plan.
© 2023 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.