Treatment & Services
- Botulinum Toxin Injections
- Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic Surgery for Prolapse
- Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender( LGBT Health)
- Robotic Assisted Hysterectomy
- Robotic Pelvic Floor Surgery
- Section of Urogynecology
- Sling Procedures For Urinary Incontinence
- Transgender Surgery
- Trigger Point Injection
- Urethral & Vaginal Reconstruction
- Urethral Bulking Agent Injection
- Urodynamic Testing
- Vaginal Reconstructive Surgery
- Vaginal Surgery for Incontinence
- Vaginal Surgery for Prolapse
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Bartholin Cyst
- Bowel Incontinence
- Defecatory Dysfunction
- Gender Dysphoria
- Gender Identity Disorder
- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Rectovaginal Fistulas
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Urethral Diverticulum
- Urinary Incontinence
- Urinary Obstruction
- Urinary Tract Infection
- Vaginal Atrophy
- Vaginal Prolapse
- Vesicovaginal Fistula
- Voiding Dysfunction in Adults
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
Cleveland, OH USA
Residency - Brigham & Women's Hospital
Obstetrice & Gynecology
Boston, MA USA
Graduate School - State University of New York Stony Brook School of Medicine
Stony Brook, NY USA
Medical Education - State University of New York Stony Brook School of Medicine
Stony Brook, NY USA
Undergraduate - Cornell University
Ithaca, NY USA
- Director, Cleveland Clinic Transgender Surgery & Medicine Program
- Program Director, FPMRS fellowship
- AAMC Advisory Committee on Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and Sex Development; Differences of Sex Development Ad Hoc Committee
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Obstetrics and Gynecology - Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
Urogynecology & Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery Transgender Surgery
Awards & Honors
- Cleveland Clinic Excellence in Teaching Award, 2019
- Cleveland Allies & Advocated for Equality Award, 2018
- Cleveland Clinic Excellence in Teaching Award, 2015
- Cleveland Clinic Alumni Professional Development Award, 2015
- Cleveland Society of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Presidential Award, 2014
- Harvard University Humanism Award, 2012
- AAGL Special Resident in Minimally Invasive Gynecology Award, 2012
- Harvard University Medical Student Teaching Award, 2012
Innovations & Patents
- American Urogynecologic Society
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- International Urogynecological Society
- Cleveland Society of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- American Congress of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 1/26/2022, Dr. Ferrando has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
67 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.8|
9 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Mar 3, 2022
Wonderful experience. My doctors were so amazing and took excellent care of me.
Reviewed on Jan 4, 2022
Dr. Ferrando is a breath of fresh air. She was attentive. She listened without interruption. And she made me feel that I was being heard and understood.
Reviewed on Nov 2, 2021
Dr Ferrandohas the sweetest personality. Very honest and informative. She's the Real Deal. I just love her. This was my first visit.
Reviewed on Oct 22, 2021
I have nothing but high praise for Dr. Ferrando! She heard my concerns, gave clear explanations and offerred a treatment that did not involve surgery that was recommended by a local surgeon I was greatly relieved and encouraged by the treatment options she presented.
Reviewed on Oct 5, 2021
Fantastic Physician offering much needed services to an underserved population. It was refreshing and comforting meeting with someone so skilled and knowledgeable.
Reviewed on Sep 10, 2021
Was the only doctor who knew what I was experiencing and how to solve the problem
Reviewed on Aug 17, 2021
Dr Ferrando is a blessing to the Trans* community
Reviewed on Jul 20, 2021
Dr. Ferrando is really amazing and experienced in her work and it shows. I felt safe and excited about future appointments with this doctor.
Reviewed on May 14, 2021
Dr. Ferrando was caring, kind, and efficient. She took her time and gave me her full attention.
© 2022 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.