Treatment & Services
- Botulinum Toxin Injections
- Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic Surgery for Prolapse
- Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender( LGBT Health)
- Robotic Assisted Hysterectomy
- Robotic Pelvic Floor Surgery
- Section of Urogynecology
- Sling Procedures For Urinary Incontinence
- Transgender Surgery
- Trigger Point Injection
- Urethral & Vaginal Reconstruction
- Urethral Bulking Agent Injection
- Urodynamic Testing
- Vaginal Reconstructive Surgery
- Vaginal Surgery for Incontinence
- Vaginal Surgery for Prolapse
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Bartholin Cyst
- Bowel Incontinence
- Defecatory Dysfunction
- Gender Dysphoria
- Gender Identity Disorder
- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Rectovaginal Fistulas
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Urethral Diverticulum
- Urinary Incontinence
- Urinary Obstruction
- Urinary Tract Infection
- Vaginal Atrophy
- Vaginal Prolapse
- Vesicovaginal Fistula
- Voiding Dysfunction in Adults
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
Cleveland, OH USA
Residency - Brigham & Women's Hospital
Obstetrice & Gynecology
Boston, MA USA
Graduate School - State University of New York Stony Brook School of Medicine
Stony Brook, NY USA
Medical Education - State University of New York Stony Brook School of Medicine
Stony Brook, NY USA
Undergraduate - Cornell University
Ithaca, NY USA
- Director, Cleveland Clinic Transgender Surgery & Medicine Program
- Program Director, FPMRS fellowship
- AAMC Advisory Committee on Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and Sex Development; Differences of Sex Development Ad Hoc Committee
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Obstetrics and Gynecology - Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
Urogynecology & Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery Transgender Surgery
Awards & Honors
- Cleveland Clinic Excellence in Teaching Award, 2019
- Cleveland Allies & Advocated for Equality Award, 2018
- Cleveland Clinic Excellence in Teaching Award, 2015
- Cleveland Clinic Alumni Professional Development Award, 2015
- Cleveland Society of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Presidential Award, 2014
- Harvard University Humanism Award, 2012
- AAGL Special Resident in Minimally Invasive Gynecology Award, 2012
- Harvard University Medical Student Teaching Award, 2012
Innovations & Patents
- American Urogynecologic Society
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- International Urogynecological Society
- Cleveland Society of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- American Congress of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 3/6/2020, Dr. Ferrando has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
74 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||5|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||5|
12 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Jun 10, 2020
I truly had such an impressive experience. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Dr. Fernando and Cleveland Clinic!
Reviewed on May 22, 2020
Dr. Fernando was excellent! She was attentive, did not rush me, was compassionate, and very knowledgeable.
Reviewed on Apr 27, 2020
I was able to address all my concerns with my Dr. and I'm looking forward to our physical meeting.
Reviewed on Feb 19, 2020
I was a little short with intake nurse, I was under the impression my chart had been shared, answering questions et al. I apologise. Dr.Ferrando is very capable. The gatekeeper Tina, very reassurig throughout this phase of treatment .
Reviewed on Feb 19, 2020
Dr.Ferrando presented beautifully.
Reviewed on Feb 13, 2020
The doctor/surgeon, *Cecile Ferrondo, was simply amazing, as was the certified nurse practitioner, *Natalie Weigand.
Reviewed on Dec 8, 2019
*Dr. Ferranda & staff are awesome.
Reviewed on Nov 20, 2019
amazing health care for trans folks! Tina Reed and Dr. Ferrando relate amazing
Reviewed on Sep 17, 2019
I love Dr. Ferrando I would recommend her anytime.
Reviewed on Jul 31, 2019
Dr Ferrando is amazing.
Reviewed on Jul 30, 2019
Excellent experience with the doctor. I'm very impressed with her.
Reviewed on Jul 10, 2019
Dr was very thorough with her explanation of the procedure and her recommendations as to what would work best for me.
© 2020 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.