Treatment & Services
- Cancer Center
- Clinical Trials
- Endometrial Biopsy
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Gynecological Cancer Surgery
- Heated Chemotherapy (HIPEC)
- Laparoscopic and Robotic-Assisted Laparoscopy
- Laparoscopic Assisted Vaginal Hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic Gynecologic Cancer Surgery
- Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic Surgery - Single Site
- Laparoscopic Treatment Of Ovarian Cysts
- Laparoscopy - Single Incision
- Prophylactic Salpingo-oophorectomy
- Robotic Gynecologic Cancer Surgery
- Section of Gynecologic Oncology
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Cervical Cancer
- Cervical Dysplasia
- Dysplasia - Vulvar and Vaginal
- Endometrial Cancer
- Endometrial Stromal Sarcoma of the Uterus
- Epithelioid Trophoblastic Tumor
- Gestational Trophoblastic Tumor
- Granulosa Cell Tumor of the Ovary
- Gynecologic Carcinoid Tumors
- Gynecologic Neuroendocrine Tumors
- Hereditary Cancers
- Hereditary Gynecologic Cancers
- Immature Teratoma of the Ovary
- Leiomyosarcoma of the Uterus
- Mixed Germ Cell tumors of the Ovary
- Molar Pregnancy
- Ovarian Cancer
- Ovarian Cysts
- Ovarian Granulosa Cell Tumors
- Paget's Disease
- Pelvic Mass
- Placental Site Trophoblastic Tumor
- Post-Menopausal Bleeding
- Rare Cancer and Blood Disease Program
- Sertoli Leydig Cell Tumor
- Small Cell Neuroendocrine Carcinoma
- Undifferentiated Endometrial Sarcoma
- Uterine Sarcoma
- Vaginal Cancer
- Vulvar Cancer
- Yolk Sac Tumor
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Graduate School - Case Western Reserve University
Cleveland, OH USA
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Residency - University of Washington School of Medicine
Obstetrics & Gynecology
Seattle, WA USA
Internship - Wayne State Univ. Detroit Medical Center
Detroit, MI USA
Residency - Wayne State University
Obstetrics & Gynecology
Detroit, MI USA
Medical Education - Kufa University College of Medicine
- Degree: Master in Public Health (MPH), Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Obstetrics and Gynecology - Gynecologic Oncology
Gynecologic cancers, hereditary cancers, genomics of gynecologic cancers, outcome research and disparities in cancer care and outcome
Awards & Honors
- AAGL Award for “special resident in Minimally Invasive Gynecology” at University of Washington in 2012.
- Academic Excellence Award for superior achievement on the CREOG test 2008-2009
- Outstanding clinical performance (best resident), Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI for March, 2009.
- Dean's Honor list 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2003.
- Dean Award for being the first among all Kufa medical graduates, 2004.
- Member of American Medical Association
- Member of Society of Gynecologic Oncology
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 4/2/2020, Dr. Mahdi has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
66 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.8|
16 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Aug 7, 2020
I highly recommend Dr. Madhi. I owe my successful surgery outcome to him.
Reviewed on Aug 7, 2020
I praise Dr. Madhi's skill and caring manner
Reviewed on Aug 3, 2020
I was happy that the doctor had reviewed my records and already had options for other treatments that we could try
Reviewed on Jul 27, 2020
Care with Dr Mahdi always excellent. Not so good with getting appointment with Dr Ghosh. She is excellent,but difficult to get appointment with as I keep getting pushed back to a later date. I know that there is a shortage of primary care doctors, but do wish I could get my "annual exam" which I have not had for years.
Reviewed on Jul 16, 2020
Dr.Mahdi is very caring always
Reviewed on Jul 8, 2020
Excellent Doctor-extremely pleasant and thorough with details.
Reviewed on Jul 6, 2020
I pass on the doctors name to Ovarian and Breast cancer patients.
Reviewed on Jun 24, 2020
Doctor mahdi is always very concerned considerate and wonderful
Reviewed on May 18, 2020
I remain so very thankful for Dr. Mahdi!
Reviewed on May 11, 2020
Dr.Mahdi has always provided the upmost professional care the past 4 years. Jenn has also been kind and concerned with my well being
Reviewed on Mar 11, 2020
Dr. Mahdi is always very personally considerate and concerned. Very professional and empathetic
Reviewed on Mar 9, 2020
Dr Mahdi balances compassion and professionalism perfectly.
Reviewed on Mar 6, 2020
Love Dr. Mahdi and all the staff at North Coast Cancer. My chemo nurses and Dr. Mahdi are fantastic!
Reviewed on Dec 6, 2019
Dr. Mahdi is clear in his explanation of medical options, the reason for those options, and takes the time to listen to my questions so that make an informed choice.
Reviewed on Nov 1, 2019
Dr. Mahdi is wonderful.
Reviewed on Sep 23, 2019
I can not say enough about Dr. Mahdi. He spent so long with me making sure that I understood everything and patiently and thoroughly explained my many questions. I have never been so comfortable with a physician. He shows so much compassion towards his patients and their families.
© 2020 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.