Treatment & Services
- Positive Airway Pressure Titration (cpap; Bilevel Pap Titration)
- Sleep Studies
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Circadian Rhythm Disorders
- Rem Sleep Behavior Disorder
- Restless Leg Syndrome
- Sleep Apnea
- Sleep Terrors
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - University Hospitals of Cleveland
Cleveland, OH USA
Residency - Saint Elizabeth Health Center
Youngstown, OH USA
Medical Education - Kasturba Medical College
- Dr. Walia has been recipient of research awards including sleep research travel award and was selected from the competitive pool of applicants to attend Young Investigator Forum in 2012 by American Academy of Sleep Medicine. She was selected to attend FLEX Professional Development Program for Women Faculty of the School of Medicine. She was also chosen for the Neurological Institute Center for Outcomes Research and Evaluation scholar award for 2015-2016. She has been selected for Women's Professional Staff Association Senior Rep Program. Her mentees have received various research awards regionally and nationally for their research work. Her team received the caregiver celebration tier 4 award in efforts of improving sleep bed utilization.
- Family Medicine
- Family Medicine - Sleep Medicine
Awards & Honors
- 2011: Sleep Research Network Travel Award, Bethesda
- 2012: Young Investigator Forum, American Academy of Sleep Medicine, Bethesda
- 2013: Recipient of FLEX Professional Development training Program for leadership development of Case Western Reserve University
- 2014: Fellow, American Academy Sleep Medicine
- 2015: Neurological Institute Center for Outcomes Research Scholar
- 2015: WPSA, Senior Rep Program
- 2016:Neurological Institute Center for Outcomes Research Scholar
- 2018: Caregiver Celebration Tier 4 award for sleep disorders team work
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Sleep Research Society
- Ohio Academy of Family Physicians
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 8/20/2019, Dr. Walia has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
118 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.8|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.7|
15 Patient Comments
Reviewed on May 29, 2020
Dr. W is so nice and has helped me get my life back!
Reviewed on May 6, 2020
Dr Walia was VERY caring and showed much interest in me/my condition, was very thorough in explaining things, and left no question unanswered. Never felt rushed at all, actually spent extra time with us and even called us back on her own time, very dedicated Dr. I am very comfortable with her!
Reviewed on Apr 27, 2020
Very good appointment. Very informative, Dr was very engaging.
Reviewed on Mar 6, 2020
Dr. and staff were very professional during my appointment.
Reviewed on Feb 28, 2020
The doctor seemed very caring and warm. I felt heard and well taken care of. I would call this an extraordinary experience. Even for the Clinic.
Reviewed on Feb 14, 2020
My overall experience was very good. Dr. Walia seemed to be very caring and professional.
Reviewed on Jan 24, 2020
appointments for this provider way booked up
Reviewed on Jan 17, 2020
Dr. Walia was very easy to talk to, explained my issues and alternatives to my care.c She did an excellent job. Also, for me, I loved her accent!
Reviewed on Jan 3, 2020
Dr. Walia is a doctor who provides excellent care for her patients. I know I am in excellent hands with Dr. Walia.
Reviewed on Aug 23, 2019
Begininnig an appointment to review test results that the doctor had ordered with the question "What brings you here?" is not most respectful way to begin an appointment. There is nothing wrong with advising lifestyle changes when then the analysis of the test results do not suggest much else.
Reviewed on Aug 20, 2019
Dr. Wahlia has been a kind and caring doctor. No bad experience here.
Reviewed on Jul 26, 2019
I could not get in to see the original doctor that I wanted to see, but I was able to see Dr. Walia and I feel it was meant to be. The schedulers were all very helpful and kind.
Reviewed on Jul 26, 2019
This was my first visit, but I have to say that I felt cared for, that I was seen as an actual person, and that she was incredibly knowledgeable about my conditions especially hypersomnia. This eased some worry and stress I was having at my previous provider. I'm glad I decided to seek another opinion.
Reviewed on Jul 16, 2019
Dr. WALIA was easy to talk with. She answered all our questions and concerns. Looking forward to upcoming test for me this Wednesday night in the sleep lab process.
Reviewed on Jul 12, 2019
Dr. Wahlia has perfect bedside manners. Far more concerned than most.
© 2020 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.