Treatment & Services
- Positive Airway Pressure Titration (cpap; Bilevel Pap Titration)
- Sleep Studies
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Circadian Rhythm Disorders
- Rem Sleep Behavior Disorder
- Restless Leg Syndrome
- Sleep Apnea
- Sleep Terrors
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - University Hospitals of Cleveland
Cleveland, OH USA
Residency - Saint Elizabeth Health Center
Youngstown, OH USA
Medical School - Kasturba Medical College
- Dr. Walia has been recipient of research awards including sleep research travel award and was selected from the competitive pool of applicants to attend Young Investigator Forum in 2012 by American Academy of Sleep Medicine. She was selected to attend FLEX Professional Development Program for Women Faculty of the School of Medicine. She was also chosen for the Neurological Institute Center for Outcomes Research and Evaluation scholar award for 2015-2016. She has been selected for Women's Professional Staff Association Senior Rep Program.
- Family Medicine
- Family Medicine - Sleep Medicine
Awards & Honors
- 2011: Sleep Research Network Travel Award, Bethesda
- 2012: Young Investigator Forum, American Academy of Sleep Medicine, Bethesda
- 2013: Recipient of FLEX Professional Development training Program for leadership development of Case Western Reserve University
- 2014: Fellow, American Academy Sleep Medicine
- 2015: Neurological Institute Center for Outcomes Research Scholar
- 2015: WPSA, Senior Rep Program
- 2016:Neurological Institute Center for Outcomes Research Scholar
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Sleep Research Society
- Ohio Academy of Family Physicians
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 8/26/2016, Dr. Walia has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
72 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Knows Medical History||4.5|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.9|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.7|
7 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Apr 7, 2017
Reviewed on Oct 26, 2016
All experiences were good.
Reviewed on Oct 4, 2016
Encouraging,kind and patient!
Reviewed on Sep 27, 2016
Dr. Walia seemed very knowledgable, concerned and sympathetic. Unfortunately, I have exhausted all medication options.
Reviewed on Aug 17, 2016
Dr. Walia was very thorough.
Reviewed on Jul 29, 2016
My provider was extremely sincere, caring and informative with all communications with me. I hold her in high regard.
Reviewed on May 4, 2016
Dr. Wahlia is wonderful.
© 2017 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.