Treatment & Services
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair
- Aneurysm Surgery - Traditional Open Surgery
- Angioplasty/Stenting for Mesenteric Artery Stenosis
- Angioplasty/Stenting for Renal Artery Stenosis
- Angioplasty/Stenting of PAD
- Angioplasty/Stenting of Subclavian Artery
- Angioplasty/Stenting of Vertebral Artery
- Aorta Center
- Aorta Graft
- Aorta Surgery
- Aortic Aneurysm Open Repair And Endovascular Repair
- Aortic Dissection
- Aortofemoral Bypass Grafting
- Atherectomy for Peripheral Artery Disease
- Atherectomy For Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Atherosclerosis Surgery
- Balloon Angioplasty For Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Bypass Surgery
- Bypass Surgery for Atherosclerosis/PAD/PVD
- Bypass Surgery for Venous Disease
- Carotid Artery Aneurysm Surgery
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Carotid-Subclavian Bypass
- Clinical Trials
- Complex Aorta Surgery
- Diagnostic Angiography
- Embolization of Arteriovenous Malformations
- Embolization of Carotid Body Tumors
- Endovascular Aorta Treatment - Abdominal
- Endovascular Aorta Treatment - Thoracic
- Endovascular Repair Of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms
- Endovascular Repair Of Carotid Artery Disease
- Endovascular Repair Of Lower Extremity Ischemia
- Endovascular Repair Of Renal And Mesenteric Disease
- Endovascular Repair of Renal Artery Aneurysm
- Endovascular Surgery
- Endovascular Treatment of Lower Extremity Artery Disease
- In Situ Revascularization
- Inferior Vena Cava Filters
- IVC Filter Placement
- Medical Management of PAD
- Mesenteric Stents
- Minimally Invasive Aortic Surgery
- Non-invasive Testing for Vascular Disease
- Percutaneous Interventions For Vascular Disease
- Renal Stents
- Repair Of Aortic Aneurysms And Dissections
- Repair of Venous Aneurysms
- Resection of Carotid Body Tumors
- Retrieval Of Inferior Vena Cava Filters
- Screening and Testing
- Stents For Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Surgery for Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD)
- Surgery for Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm
- Surgical Bypass for Visceral Ischemic Syndrome
- Thrombolytic Therapy For Arterial Disease
- Thrombolytic Therapy For Venous Disease
- Vascular Surgery Department
- Vascular Surgery Section
- Vascular Surgery Services
- Vascular Tests
- Vena Cava Filters
- Venous Angioplasty/Stenting
- Venous Stents
- Venous Thrombolysis
- Vertebral Artery Surgery
- Visceral Artery Aneurysm Surgery
- Visceral Ischemic Endarterectomy
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Amaurosis Fugax
- Aorta Disease
- Aortic Aneurysms
- Aortic Occlusion (blockage)
- Atherosclerosis (vascular)
- Axillary Artery Aneurysm
- Carotid Artery Aneurysm
- Carotid Artery Disease
- Carotid Body Tumor
- Cerebrovascular Occlusive Disease
- Chronic Mesenteric Ischemia
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome
- Extracranial Carotid Artery Aneurysms
- Femoral Artery Aneurysm
- Hepatic Artery Aneurysm
- Iliac Artery Aneurysm
- Iliac Artery Occlusion (blockage)
- Infected Grafts
- Leg Circulation Problems
- Marfan Syndrome
- May-Thurner Syndrome (MTS)
- Mesenteric Arteries Occlusive Disease
- Peripheral Artery Disease
- Popliteal Artery Aneurysms
- Renal Artery Aneurysm
- Renal Artery Disease
- Rest Pain
- Splenic Artery Aneurysm
- Subclavian Artery Aneurysm
- Subclavian Steal Syndrome
- Superior Vena Cava Syndrome
- Takayasu's Arteritis
- Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm
- Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
- Vertebral Artery Disease
- Visceral Artery Aneurysms
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Methodist Hospital
Houston, TX USA
Residency - University of Rochester Medical Center
Rochester, NY USA
Residency - University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
General Surgery / Surgical Research
Philadelphia, PA USA
Internship - Drexel University College of Medicine
Philadelphia, PA USA
Medical Education - Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University
Philadelphia, PA USA
Undergraduate - Villanova University
Villanova, PA USA
- Surgery - Vascular Surgery
Vascular and endovascular surgery, aortic aneurysms, aortic dissections, aortoiliac occlusive disease, carotid endarterectomy, carotid stenting, IVC filter removal, mesenteric arterial disease, lower extremity arterial disease, open, minimally invasive and medical treatment options
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 4/23/2019, Dr. Smolock has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
117 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.7|
|Knows Medical History||4.8|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.8|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.7|
14 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Jul 24, 2019
My experience with Dr. Smolok has been positive from the start and I've already recommended him to friends and family.
Reviewed on Jul 3, 2019
Dr. Smolock sets a new bar for professionalism. 100 percent top notch physician, I am very lucky to have him and his staff.
Reviewed on Jun 22, 2019
Dr. & his assistants were excellent. Just felt like your rushed out of the hospital.
Reviewed on Jun 5, 2019
Dr. Smolock took the time to introduce himself even before our appointment. He treated me like I was his only patient, addressing all of my concerns and taking the time to explain everything to me.
Reviewed on Mar 28, 2019
Dr. Smolock impressed me greatly. Very precise with all my questions. Thank you!!!
Reviewed on Feb 20, 2019
I had the most amazing and thorough experience with Dr. Smolock and everyone I met that day from his office. All were very kind and knowledgeable.
Reviewed on Feb 14, 2019
I had a good experience dr smolock is very nice and efficient explains things so you can understand them
Reviewed on Feb 13, 2019
Having gone through several doctors in this area at the Clinic I am extremely happy with Dr. Smolock. He seemed genuinely concerned about me and my concerns.He made me feel like I was a "real" person and not just another patient.
Reviewed on Feb 13, 2019
Dr. Smolock is always attentive to my health concerns and takes the time to thoroughly explain the medical reasons for his choices relating to my continued treatment plan. I never feel rushed or ignored as the patient by Dr. Smolock.
Reviewed on Jan 23, 2019
Felt like this care provider was rushed and did not want to take time to answer my questions and concerns about possible future health issues. The nurse practioners were very helpful.
Reviewed on Jan 7, 2019
Dr. Smolock is an excellent surgeon who made me feel completely at ease that he understood and appreciated my concerns.
Reviewed on Nov 7, 2018
Excellent Doctor and entire staff. People oriented. Empathy shown in all areas.
Reviewed on Sep 5, 2018
Dr. Smolock showed respect and concern for my current problems and wasn't dismissive of my concerns.
Reviewed on Aug 1, 2018
by far the best medical experience. Doctor and his nurse Jane were attentive, sympathetic, thorough and answered every question.
© 2019 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.