Treatment & Services
- Brain Tumor Diagnosis
- Brain Tumor Management
- Cancer Center
- Clinical Trials
- Experimental Therapeutics
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Adult Brain Tumors
- Anaplastic Astrocytomas
- Anaplastic Oligodendrogliomas
- Benign Brain Tumors
- Benign Tumors of the Brain
- Benign Tumors of the Spinal Cord
- Brain Cancer (Brain Tumor)
- Brain Lymphoma
- Brain Metastases
- Clival Chordomas
- Glioblastoma Multiforme
- Malignant Gliomas
- Malignant Tumors of the Brain
- Malignant Tumors of the Spinal Cord
- Metastatic Cancer
- Primary Central Nervous System Lymphomas
- Sarcomas of the Brain or Head
Is Cleveland Clinic Florida Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Florida locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Roswell Park Cancer Institute
Buffalo, NY USA
Residency - Fairview General Hospital
Cleveland, OH USA
Medical School - Maulana Azad Medical College, University of Delhi
New Delhi, India
- American Society of Clinical Oncology Taxonomy Task Force Member
- Chair, Education Committee of the Central Nervous System (CNS) track, American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), 2015-16
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Leadership Development Program Award, 2016-2017
- Leading in Health Care, Cleveland Clinic, 2015-16
- Dean and Diane Miller Family Endowed Chair in NeuroOncology
- Chair, Education Committee of the Central Nervous System (CNS) track of American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), 2014-15
- Chair of the Membership Committee of Society for Neuro-Oncology (SNO)
- Diplomate, United Council for Neurologic Subspecialties- Neuro-Oncology, 2013
- Fellowship, American College of Physicians, 2012
- Methods in Clinical Cancer Research Award, ASCO/AACR, August 2010
- Diplomate, Oncology, American Board of Internal Medicine, 2009
- Diplomate, Hematology, American Board of Internal Medicine, 2009
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine, 2006
- Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine - Hematology
- Internal Medicine - Medical Oncology
benign and malignant tumors of the brain and spinal cord, benign brain tumors (meningiomas, schwannomas), Brain Metastases, brain tumors, experimental therapeutics, molecular biology of brain tumors clinical and translational trials, neuro-oncology
Awards & Honors
- Top Doctor, 2015, Cleveland Magazine
- Marquis Who's Who in America, 2014
- US News and Castle Connolly's Top Doctor, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Methods in Clinical Cancer Research Award, ASCO/AACR, August 2010
- Best Research Award: Basic Science Project, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York, June 2009
- Named in Strathmore’s Who’s Who, 2008-09
- Sigma Xi Research Society, 2008
- Outstanding Intern Award, Fairview Hospital, Cleveland Clinic Health
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 8/16/2018, Dr. Ahluwalia has reported the financial relationships with the companies listed below. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Consulting and/or Speaking. Dr. Ahluwalia receives fees of $5,000 or more per year as a paid consultant, speaker or member of an advisory committee for the following companies:
- Monteris Medical, Inc.
- AbbVie, Inc.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
54 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Knows Medical History||4.8|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.8|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.8|
3 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Oct 18, 2018
all of our experience during this clinical trial was excellent......We love Dr. Alhuwalia and all the Cathy's on his staff..
Reviewed on Sep 13, 2018
Dr. Ahluwalia went above and beyond. He is an amazing, compassionate, incredibly talented and knowledgeable physician.
Reviewed on Jan 30, 2018
Would highly recommend Dr A!
© 2018 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.