Go! Healthy Online Options
Did You Know?
The "Big 4" cause 75 percent of the chronic diseases:
- Food choices
- Physical inactivity
That's why Cleveland Clinic is committed to helping you achieve optimal health and well-being through a series of programs developed by our team of wellness experts.
Go! Foods for You
Eating well is the cornerstone of a healthy lifestyle. Scientific evidence that links eating habits to increased risk of certain diseases and conditions proves that “you are what you eat.”
Cleveland Clinic dietitians and wellness experts developed Go! Foods® – to give you the green light so you’re sure you’re making the healthiest food selections. Our nutrition experts certify that foods carrying the Go! Foods® label meet national nutritional guidelines. Cleveland Clinic’s Go! Foods® program makes it easier to find the most healthy food choices.
All Go! Foods® meet these nutritional criteria:
- Minimal Saturated Fat: less than 4 grams for main dishes; less than 2 grams for side dishes, soups and desserts
Reason: Saturated fats "harden" arteries and cause high LDL cholesterol, which increases the risk of heart attack, stroke and some cancers
- No Trans Fat
Reason: Trans fat has no redeeming qualities! It increases bad LDL cholesterol and decreases good HDL cholesterol, raising the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Minimal Added Sugars and Syrups: less than 4 grams for main dishes and desserts; less than 2 grams for side dishes and soups
Reason: Adding sugar adds empty calories and causes blood sugar to fluctuate.
- 100% Whole Grain
Reason: Whole grains are a vital source of fiber. Fiber has been shown to decrease the risk of heart disease, stroke, and certain cancers, maintain blood sugar and insulin levels, assist with regular bowel movements and keep you feeling fuller longer.
- Minimal Sodium: No more than 600 mg in entrees; 480 mg in sides and desserts
Reason: High sodium intake is associated with high blood pressure, increased risk of stroke and worsening of kidney disease, heart failure and other conditions.
Go! to Sleep™
Go! to SleepSM Program is an interactive online program developed by specialists in Cleveland Clinic's Wellness Institute and Sleep Disorders Center. The program's proven methods help patients improve their sleep from the comfort and privacy of their homes.
The Go! to SleepSM Program is designed to help:
- Patients experiencing short-term insomnia (over the past on to six months)
- Individuals with episodic insomnia that intensifies during times of stress
- People who prefer non-pharmacological treatment for sleep issues
- Individuals who use sleep medications occasionally but are interested in techniques likely to help them sleep better without medication
Stress Free Now
Stress Free Now is a clinically-based, six-week online program that contains the tools you need to reduce stress and improve your well-being and your health. The program is based on mindfulness practice, which is what research shows is most effective in mitigating the impact of stress on your quality of life.
For Appointments - 216.448.HEAL (4325)
Cleveland Clinic Wellness Store