Electrocardiogram (EKG) Technician
The Sydell and Arnold Miller Family Heart & Vascular Institute at Cleveland Clinic supports an EKG Laboratory performing over 100,000 EKGs each year. Technicians acquire EKGs in both in-hospital and outpatient settings from a variety of patients for healthy preventive testing to more complicated cases involving many types of cardiac diseases. This exciting setting provides a challenging and educational experience for technicians at Cleveland Clinic.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Performs diagnostic electrocardiograms.
- Positions and applies electrodes as appropriate. Connects leads from electrocardiograph machine to electrodes on specified body areas.
- Reviews patients record and instructs patients prior to procedures. Monitors patient during procedures and reports any abnormal findings.
- Identifies and corrects for wandering, interference, and artifact. Edits and forwards results to attending physician for analysis and interpretation.
- Maintains EKG equipment and supplies.
- A high school diploma or GED.
- Minimum six months training as an EKG Technician or Cardiovascular Technician preferably in a hospital setting or completion of an accredited Cardiovascular Technology, Paramedic or Medical Assistant Program.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, stand and walk for long periods of time, transport equipment to various locations in the hospital.
For more information about opportunities for EKG technicians at the Miller Family Heart & Vascular Institute at Cleveland Clinic, contact:
Cleveland Clinic does not discriminate in admission, employment, or administration of its programs or activities, on the basis of age, gender, race, national origin, religion, creed, color, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ethnicity, ancestry, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the federal, state or local law. In addition, Cleveland Clinic administers all programs and services without regard to disability, and provides reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.
Talk to a Nurse: Mon. - Fri., 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. (ET)
Call a Heart & Vascular Nurse locally 216.445.9288 or toll-free 866.289.6911.
Schedule an Appointment
This information is provided by Cleveland Clinic and is not intended to replace
the medical advice of your doctor or health care provider.
Please consult your health care provider for advice about a specific medical condition.
© Copyright 2015 Cleveland Clinic. All rights reserved.