At Cleveland Clinic, our ultimate goal is perfect service. Occasionally, however, we may fail to meet our patients’ expectations. We recommend that patients first attempt to resolve a problem or concern with the department in which the problem occurred. If you don’t reach a resolution with the person providing your care, we encourage you to contact the department manager or supervisor. If these attempts are unsatisfactory, contact the Ombudsman’s Office and an Ombudsman will be assigned to investigate your complaint.
The Ombudsman Office is the liaison between Cleveland Clinic and the patient in resolving problems that may arise during the course of treatment. Cleveland Clinic’s Ombudsman Office was created in 1975 to provide patients with direct access to administration and to serve as a centralized complaint center.
An Ombudsman has the authority to investigate complaints independent of the departments involved. The Ombudsmen report to the highest level of Cleveland Clinic leadership: the Executive Administration.
97% of dissatisfied patients do not register their complaints because they do not know how or because they don’t think it will do any good. However, if you call us:
- You give us an opportunity to solve your problem, and in solving your problem, we also learn to provide better service.
- The information you provide is communicated to top administration and is used to provide data for the annual review of physicians and departments and to propose changes.
The Ombudsman Office can help:
- If you have a problem with medical service.
- If you have concerns about the quality of your care.
- If you have a problem with any of our employees.
- If we did not provide satisfactory service during an outpatient visit or hospital stay.
If service does not meet your expectations at Cleveland Clinic, please call us locally at 216.444.2544 or toll-free 800.223.2273, ext. 42544 between 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday, or you can leave a message any time. You can also use the contact us form or e-mail us at email@example.com.