Megan Valente, PharmD, BCACP
Heart Failure Pharmacy Clinical Specialist
Heart Failure Section
Heart & Vascular Center
The MetroHealth System
Email: [email protected]
Megan received her PharmD from the University Of Findlay College Of Pharmacy in 2012. She completed a PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Residency at Hillcrest Hospital in 2013 and a PGY2 Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Residency at Cleveland Clinic in 2014. She is currently an ambulatory care clinical specialist at Cleveland Clinic Wooster Family Health & Surgery Center (FHSC).
- PGY2 Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Residency 2014, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
- PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Residency 2013, Hillcrest Hospital, Mayfield Heights, OH
- Doctor of Pharmacy 2012, University of Findlay, Findlay, OH
Areas of interest
- Diabetes Management
- Hypertension Management
- Smoking Cessation
- Currently conducting a research project evaluating thromboembolic and bleeding event rates in patients treated with rivaroxaban or warfarin in a real-world setting
- Currently participating in a research project evaluating an appointment based pharmacy model in the community pharmacy setting
- Currently participating in a drug utilization evaluation describing prescribing patterns of non-preferred antihypertensive regimens in an ambulatory care clinic
- Co-Chair of quality committee at The Cleveland Clinic Wooster FHSC
- Member of the Diabetes Quality Subcommittee at The Cleveland Clinic Wooster FHSC
- Member of the Hypertension Subcommittee at The Cleveland Clinic Wooster FHSC
- Facilitator for the diabetes shared medical appointment at The Cleveland Clinic Wooster FHSC
- Manages an ambulatory care clinic practicing under a collaborative practice agreement at The Cleveland Clinic Wooster FHSC. Provides disease state management for diabetes, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, smoking cessation, asthma, and COPD
- Preceptor for PharmD students
- Preceptor for PGY1 residents throughout the Cleveland Clinic Health System
- Preceptor for PGY2 Ambulatory Care Residency Program at the Cleveland Clinic
- Provider of continuing education and drug in-services for nurses, pharmacists and physicians
- Huebner M, Temple-Cooper M, Lagzdins M, Yeh J. A pilot study evaluating the effect of daily education by a pharmacist on medication related HCAHPS scores and medication reconciliation. J Biosafety Health Educ. 2013;1:1-6.
- Evaluating risk of major bleeding and thromboembolic events for warfarin versus rivaroxaban in a real world setting. May 2014 OCCP Spring Meeting Cleveland, OH.
- Evaluation of warfarin patients converted to rivaroxaban. December 2013 UHC Residency Showcase Orlando, FL.
- Evaluation of warfarin patients converted to rivaroxaban. November 2013 Ohio College of Clinic Pharmacy Fall Meeting Cleveland, OH.
- Evaluation of Daptomycin Use in a Community Hospital. December 2012 ASHP Mid-Year Meeting Las Vegas, NV.
- Evaluation of Daptomycin Use in a Community Hospital. December 2012 UHC Residency Showcase Las Vegas, NV.
- A Pilot Study Evaluating the Effect of Daily Counseling by a Pharmacist on Medication Related HCAHPS Scores and Medication Reconciliation. November 2012 OCCP Fall Meeting Cleveland, OH.
- Measuring the effects of pharmacist intervention on blood glucose monitoring adherence in diabetics enrolled in the Wood County Health Department Diabetes Clinic. April 2011 Ohio Pharmacists Association (OPA) Spring Meeting Columbus, OH.
- Measuring the effects of pharmacist intervention on blood glucose monitoring adherence in diabetics enrolled in the Wood County Health Department Diabetes Clinic. April 2011 University of Findlay Symposium Poster Presentation Findlay, OH.
- Oral and Insulin Agents Diabetes Case Workshop. Cleveland Clinic Internal Medicine Residency Program. September 2015.
- Oral antidiabetic agents. Cleveland Clinic Student Advanced Pharmacy Experience Lecture December 2013, March 2014.
- Osteoarthritis Hillcrest Hospital PPMI Lecture Series, June 2013.