Nicholas A. Link, PharmD, BCOP
Pharmacy Clinical Specialist, Oncology
Pager: 216.444.000 #51426
Clinical specialist at Hillcrest since: 2006
- Doctor of Pharmacy 2005, Ohio Northern University, Ada, OH
- Pharmacy Practice Residency w/ Emphasis in Oncology 2006, University of Tennessee Medical Center, Knoxville, TN
- ASHP Oncology Traineeship 2007, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD
- Board-Certified Oncology Specialist 2008
Areas of Interest
- Chemotherapy patient education
- Safe administration of oral chemotherapy medications
- Patient safety
- Inpatient oral chemotherapy medication reconciliation
- Patient education for chemotherapy medications
- Committee member of the Cleveland Clinic Health System Oncology Specialty Panel for P&T
- Committee member for Hillcrest Hospital P & T and Hillcrest Hospital Cancer Committee
- Oncology consultant, Lexi-Comp, Inc., 2011- present
- Reviewer for BCOP Oncology Pharmacy Home Study Syllabus for Recertification, 2012
- Member of Hematology/Oncology Pharmacist Association
- Member of American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- Preceptor for pharmacy residents and PharmD students
- Continuing education to nursing, pharmacy, and physicians at Hillcrest Hospital
- Guest Lecturer, Ursuline College of Nursing 2007-2012
- Guest Lecturer, Ohio Northern University School of Pharmacy 2007-2009
- Pasternak AL, Link NA, Richardson C, Rose PG. Effect of Prophylactic Extended-Infusion Carboplatin on Incidence of Hypersensitivity Reactions in Patients with Ovarian, Fallopian Tube, or Peritoneal Carcinomas. Pharmacotherapy. 2016; 36(7): 723-30.
- Link NA, Temple-Cooper ME. Prenatal Antidepressant Use and Risk of Autism Spectrum Disorders in Children JAMA Pediatr. 2016;170(7):713-714.
- Rose PG, Metz C, Link NA. Desensitization With Oxaliplatin in Patients Intolerant of Carboplatin Desensitization. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2014. Published ahead of print.
- Temple ME, Jakubecz MA, Link NA. Development and Implementation of a Pharmacist Training Module and Subsequent Direct Patient Care Staff Pharmacist Model for a High Risk Neonate and Maternal Medicine Population at a Community Hospital. AJHP. 2013;70:143- 9.
- Link, NA, Co-Investigator. Evaluation of left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF) monitoring in patients receiving trastuzumab therapy in an outpatient cancer center. 2015 ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting, New Orleans, LA.
- Link, NA, Co-Investigator. An interim analysis of prophylactic extend-infusion carboplatin effect on the development of hypersensitivity reactions (HSR) in patients with gynecologic malignancies. 2014 ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting, Anaheim, CA.
- Link, NA, Co-Investigator. Evaluation of novel dosing strategy for Intravenous Immune Globulin (IVIG) in hospitalized patients in a community hospital. University. HealthSytem Consortium, 2014 ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting, Anaheim, CA.
- Link, NA, Co-Investigator. Evaluation of Bevacizumab-Induced Hypertension Assessment and Treatment in an Outpatient Cancer Center. 2013 ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting, Orlando, FL.
- Link, NA, Primary Investigator. Oral Chemotherapy-Specific Admission Medication Reconciliation Process in a Community Hospital. 2013 ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting, Orlando, FL.
- Link, NA, Co-Investigator. Impact of converting levofloxacin to high-dose equivalent regimen in a community teaching hospital. 2012 ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting, Las Vegas, NV.
- Link, NA, Co-Investigator. Tapentadol Medication Use Evaluation in a 400-Bed Tertiary Care Facility. 2010 ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting, Anaheim, Ca.
- Link, NA, Co-Investigator. Evaluation of an erythropoiesis-stimulating agent therapeutic interchange program within a health system. 2008 Spring Research and Practice Forum of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy. Phoenix, AZ.
- Anemia. 2012-2016. Ursuline College Nurse Practitioner Program guest lecturer, Cleveland, OH.
- Cancer Soup. 2013. Hillcrest Hospital Pharmacist PPMI lecture, Cleveland, OH.
- Anemia in 60 Minutes ….or Less. 2012. Hillcrest Hospital Pharmacist PPMI lecture, Cleveland, OH.
- Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors…Oral Chemotherapy? 2010 Cleveland Clinic Health System Pharmacist Continuing Education Meeting, Independence, OH.
- Chemotherapy Routes of Administration and Oncology Clinical Pearls. 2007-2010: Ohio Northern University College of Pharmacy, Ada, OH.
- Oncologic Emergencies. 2007-2011: Ursuline College Nurse Practitioner Program guest lecturer, Cleveland, OH.
- Diabetes Update. 2007 South Pointe Graduate Nursing Lectures: Pharmacist is In Program, Cleveland, OH.
- Rx Calculations. 2006 South Pointe Graduate Nursing Lectures: Pharmacist is In Program, Cleveland, OH.
- Failure, Mode, Effects Analysis (FMEA). 2006 South Pointe Graduate Nursing Lectures: Pharmacist is In Program, Cleveland, OH.
- Assessment of Chemotherapy-induced Nausea and Vomiting (CINV) and Evaluation of Adherence to NCCN Antiemesis Treatment Guidelines and Patient Outcomes in an Ambulatory Setting. 2006 Southeastern States Conference for Pharmacy Residents and Preceptors, Athens, GA.