Matthew Nagar, PharmD, BCPS
Staff Pharmacist, Emergency Department
Department of Pharmacy
Mayfield Heights, Ohio
Dr. Nagar graduated from Wilkes University School of Pharmacy in 2011, a general pharmacy practice residency in 2012, and has been a Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist since 2013. He is currently licensed to practice pharmacy by the Ohio State Board of Pharmacy. Currently, Dr. Nagar is the Emergency Department Pharmacist at Hillcrest Hospital, a Cleveland Clinic hospital. He is a member of various committees including Trauma Services and Medication Reconciliation at Hillcrest and several professional pharmacy organizations.
- Board-Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist, October 2012
- PGY‐1 Pharmacy Practice Residency 2011, Hillcrest Hospital, a Cleveland Clinic hospital, Mayfield Heights, OH
- Doctor of Pharmacy 2011, Wilkes University School of Pharmacy, Wilkes‐Barre, PA
Areas of Interest
- Infectious disease
- Management of hemodynamics
- Evaluation of Dexmedetomidine Usage in a 500 – Bed Tertiary Care Medical Facility. American Society of Health-System Pharmacists Midyear Meeting. December 2011.
- Agents of Toxicity in the Emergency Department. Trauma Lecture Series. June 2014.
- Nausea and Vomiting: A Review of Guidelines and Recommendations. Hillcrest Hospital PPMI Lecture Series. November 2013.
- Anticoagulants: Management of Bleeding in the Setting of Trauma. Trauma Lecture Series. November 2013.
- Rapid Sequence Intubation & Management of Unknown Overdose. Hillcrest Hospital PPMI Lecture Series. June 2013.
- Major Depressive Disorder: A Focus on Treatment Recommendations. Cleveland Clinic Health System Regional Continuing Education Meeting. May 2012.