Melissa Herschman, PharmD, BCPS
South Pointe Hospital
Email: [email protected]
Dr. Herschman graduated from The Ohio State University College of Pharmacy program in 2014, a PGY-1 pharmacy practice residency at Hillcrest Hospital in 2015 and she earned the Board Certification in Pharmacotherapy in 2015. She is currently licensed to practice pharmacy by the Ohio State Board of Pharmacy. Her current practice site is Cleveland Clinic, South Pointe Hospital where she is a staff pharmacist.
- Pharmacy Practice Residency 2015, Hillcrest Hospital, Mayfield Heights, Ohio
- Doctor of Pharmacy 2014, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
Areas of interest
- Internal medicine
- Critical Care
- Ambulatory Care
- A pilot study comparing hospital readmission rates in patients that received rivaroxaban versus enoxaparin following orthopedic surgery
- Monitoring medication reconciliation to assess outcomes and areas of improvement
- Primary preceptor for the CCF pharmacy technician training program at South Pointe hospital
- ICU liaison for South Pointe Hospital
- Member of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- Member of the Cleveland Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- Member of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy
- Preceptor for PharmD students
- Preceptor in training for PGY1 pharmacy residents at South Pointe hospital
- Lecture for medical residents in the Ohio University’s Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine South Pointe campus
- McCrate A, Carlone M, Nielsen M, Swavey S. Anaerobic photocleavage of supercoiled DNA by a ruthenium(II) substituted fluorinated porphyrin. Inorg Chem Comm. 2010 Apr:13(4):537-9.
- Does metformin require discontinuation prior to administration of all types of contrast media? OCCP Newsletter. Spring 2015.
- What patient population should receive aspirin for VTE prophylaxis after orthopedic surgery? OSHP Bulletin. September 2015.
- Evaluation of bivalirudin during percutaneous coronary intervention before and after a process change. ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting, Anaheim, CA and UHC, Anaheim, CA. December 2014.
- Management of advanced Parkinson’s disease. Hillcrest Hospital. March 2015.
- Withdrawal of inhaled corticosteroids and exacerbations of COPD. Hillcrest Hospital. March 2015.
- Antibiotics and QT prolongation. Hillcrest Hospital. January 2015.
- Evaluation of intravenous peramavir for treatment of influenza in hospitalized patients. Hillcrest Hospital. January 2015.
- Evaluation of bivalirudin during percutaneous coronary intervention before and after a process change. Hillcrest Hospital. December 2014.
- A pilot study comparing hospital readmission rates in patients that received rivaroxaban versus enoxaparin following orthopedic surgery. OCCP Fall Clinical Meeting, Cleveland, OH. November 2014.
- Nab-paclitaxel versus sb-paclitaxel with carboplatin in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer. Hillcrest Hospital. November 2014.
- Use of biologics in rheumatoid arthritis. Hillcrest Hospital. October 2014.
- Pneumocystis jiroveci pneumonia in HIV. Hillcrest Hospital. September 2014.
- Proton pump inhibitors and clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea. Hillcrest Hospital. September 2014.
- Rivaroxaban and enoxaparin after orthopedic surgery. Hillcrest Hospital. August 2014.
- A review of hyponatremia: a case presentation. Louis Stokes Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center. October 2013.
- Congenital adrenal hyperplasia: a case presentation. Cleveland Clinic-Main Campus. August 2013.
- A review of anemia: a case presentation. Euclid Hospital. July 2013.
- Vancomycin medication use evaluation. Euclid Hospital. July 2013.