Carolyn M. Richardson, PharmD, BCPS
Clinical Specialist at Hillcrest since 2002.
- Board-certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist 2011
- Doctor of Pharmacy 2000, Ohio Northern University, Ada, OH
- Ambulatory Care Pharmacist at Hillcrest Hospital 2005 to 2006
- Hillcrest Hospital Anticoagulation Outpatient Clinic, Co-Director, 2002-2005
- Anticoagulation Therapy Management Certificate Program, University of Southern Indiana, 2003
- Immunization Delivery Certification, Ohio, 1999
Areas of Interest
- Internal Medicine
- In-patient diabetes management
- In-patient focus of geriatric medicine
- Ohio College of Clinical Pharmacy, membership and subcommittee member
- Ohio College of Clinical Pharmacy member
- Reviewer for Pharmacy and Hospital Pharmacy Journals
- Committee member Internal Medicine system-wide subcommittee
- Committee member for P & T committee
- American Society of Health System Pharmacists member
- Northeastern Ohio Academy of Pharmacy member
- Eastern Region Inpatient Diabetes Committee member
- Division of Gastroenterology Committee member
- Precept PGY1 residents at Hillcrest Hospital
- Preceptor for PharmD students and Pharmacy residents
- Continuing education to nursing, pharmacy, and physicians at Hillcrest Hospital
- Pasternak AL, Link NA, Richardson CM, Rose PG. Effect of Prophylactic Extended-Infusion Carboplatin on the Incidence of Hypersensitivity Reactions in Patients with Ovarian, Fallopian Tube, or Peritoneal Carcinomas. Pharmacotherapy 2016; 723-730.
- Co-Author: The Impact of Face-to-Face Pharmacist Transitional Care Management Visits on Medication-Related Problems. Ohio Pharmacy Resident Conference, Ada, Ohio 2019.
- Co-Author: Evaluating patients’ heart failure knowledge in a pharmacist- and nurse-run outpatient group education class. Ohio Pharmacy Resident Conference, Ada, Ohio 2016.
- Co-Author: Prophylactic extended-infusion carboplatin effect on hypersensitivity reactions in patients with gynecologic malignancies. Ohio Pharmacy Resident Conference, Ada, Ohio 2015.
- Co-Author: Insulin Sliding Scale and Hypoglycemia in Non-Critical Patients. Great Lakes Residency Conference. West Lafayette, Indiana. 2014.
- Co-Author: Age Adjusted Vancomycin Dosing Protocol for the Elderly. Great Lakes Residency Conference. West Lafayette, Indiana. 2014.
- Evaluation of Medication-Related Hypoglycemic Events in Non-Intensive Care Unit Patients. American Society of Hospital Pharmacy Summer Meeting Conference. Minneapolis, Minnesota. 2013.
- Co-Author: Impact of Pharmacist-Run Discharge Medication Counseling on Hospital Readmission Rates in General Medicine Patients. Great Lakes Residency Conference. West Lafayette, Indiana. 2009.
- Challenges with Cognitive Decline in the Elderly, APN/PA continuing education program. Hillcrest Hospital, March 2019.
- Medication Review and Discussion, Pulmonary Rehabilitation Support Group. Hillcrest Hospital, March 2018.
- Medication-Related Adverse Reactions in Acute Care Patients, PT/OT system-wide continuing education program. Lutheran Hospital, June 2017.
- Men’s Health, Cleveland Clinic School of Pharmacy Technology. Cleveland Clinic, February 2017.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Therapy Review, APN/PA continuing education program. Hillcrest Hospital, September 2016.
- Update in Diabetes Medication, Diabetes Nurse Champion. Hillcrest Hospital, November 2015 .
- Medications in Diabetes Management CDE Exam Study Session, American Association of Diabetes Educators. Hillcrest Hospital, April 2014.
- Geriatrics. Hillcrest Hospital PPMI Lecture , July 2013.
- Medications in Diabetes Management CDE Exam Study Session, Ohio State Network Group. Hillcrest Hospital, April 2013.
- Alzheimer’s Disease. Hillcrest Hospital PPMI Lecture, February 2013.
- Pain Management. Hillcrest Hospital PPMI Lecture, July 2012.
- Type 2 Diabetes Review. Hillcrest Hospital PPMI Lecture, May 2012.
- Considerations for Medication Management in the Elderly; Geriatric Resource Nurse Program. Hillcrest Hospital, November 2011.
- New Drug Review/Geriatric Considerations in Dosing; Ohio Association of Advanced Practice Nurses. South Point Hospital, March 2011.