Allyson Wexler, PharmD, BCCCP
Emergency Department Clinical Pharmacist
Cleveland Clinic Hillcrest Hospital
Clinical Pharmacist at Hillcrest since 2019
Education and Certifications:
- Board Certified Critical Care Pharmacist, December 2017
- Critical Care Specialty Residency 2017, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, Illinois
- Pharmacy Practice Residency 2016, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, Illinois
- Doctor of Pharmacy 2015, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
Areas of Interest:
- Critical Care in the emergency department
Current Projects and Committees
- PGY1 Residency Advisory Committee
- PGY1 Residency Structure Committee
- PGY2 Residency Advisory Committee
- Emergency Services Institute Pharmacy Governance
- Hillcrest Hospital Pharmacy A3 Group Projects
- Preceptor for PGY-1 and PGY-2 critical care residents at Hillcrest Hospital
- Preceptor for Doctor of Pharmacy students
- Kolanczyk, D., Applegate, J., Lin, E., Wexler, A., Rech, M. (2018). Type I Citrullinemia: A Review of A Rare Urea Cycle Disorder and Approach to Management. The Journal of Rare Disorders, 6(2), 3-12.
- Wexler, A., Patel, M., Rusinak, J., Mancl, E., & Quddus, S. (2018). The Use of Inhaled Nitric Oxide versus Inhaled Epoprostenol in High Risk Lung Transplant Recipients. The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation, 37(4), S460.
- Wexler, A., Rech, M. (2017). Case Report: Reversal of Warfarin-Associated Life-Threatening Bleed with an Attenuated Dose of 4-Factor Prothrombin Complex Concentrate. The Annals of pharmacotherapy.
- Wexler, A., & Zavala, S. (2017). The Use of Thrombolytic Therapy in the Treatment of Frostbite Injury. Journal of Burn Care & Research, 38(5), e877-e881.\
- Mancl, E., Wexler, A., Sriram, S., & Forsythe, S. (2016). 1287: Defining Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia Management Failure in the ICU. Critical Care Medicine, 44(12), 397.
- The Use of Inhaled Nitric Oxide versus Inhaled Epoprostenol in High Risk Lung Transplant Recipients International Society of Heart and Lung Transplantation 2018 Annual Meeting , Nice, France.
- Sensitivity of the 4T Score and HIPA in Diagnosing Heparin Induced Thrombocytopenia Society of Critical Care Medicine 46th Annual Critical Care Congress, Honolulu, HI.
- Initial Management of Atrial Fibrillation in Critically Ill Patients, ACPE Accredited Trinity Health Pharmacy Resident Research Continuing Education Webinar Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL Great Lakes Pharmacy Resident Conference, West Lafayette, IN.
- Alvimopan Medication Use Evaluation and Pharmacist Impact on Discontinuation ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting and Exhibition, New Orleans, LA University HealthSystem Consortium, New Orleans, LA.
- 340B Contract Pharmacies Key Elements and Best Practices: Establishment of a 340B Contract Pharmacy Program with Standard Processes, Resources, and Compliance Audits ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting and Exhibition, New Orleans, LA.