- Daily CEO Update | A Safe Place to Work and Receive Care
- This In-house Innovation Addresses Limited Supplies for Dialysis Patients Nationally During Pandemic
- We've Established a Center for Global and Emerging Pathogens Research
- Caregivers Can Reserve Dedicated Curbside Grocery Pickup Slots at Select Giant Eagle Locations
- Dr. Barsoum Shares How We’re Working Together in Florida
Daily CEO Update | A Safe Place to Work and Receive Care
Cleveland Clinic locations work as one across the globe. Our culture is distinct and unmistakable.
In Florida, our teams are shining in their response to the pandemic. I recorded a discussion with Wael Barsoum, MD, CEO and President of our Florida region. Dr. Barsoum explains how we share practices as a health system to provide the best care to our communities. Watch the video.
In northeast Ohio, we continue our outreach to help community members in need.
- We have regular dialogue with community leaders — from schools, faith-based and non-governmental organizations — to cascade information and resources.
- Local students and young scholars who participate in our K-12 programming have access to our web-based learning.
- Our researchers are studying disparities in how COVID-19 has impacted specific populations.
- Our Office of Caregiver Experience has contracted with nearly a dozen local restaurants to support their businesses and provide meals for our caregivers.
I will share more about our plans to care for the community in future updates.
Your fellow caregivers appreciate your support. A portion of your donations to the Caregiver Giving Program is used to provide meals to caregivers who are at home recovering from COVID-19. This allows them to focus on getting better and not worry about feeding their families.
More than 430 caregivers have made gifts of all sizes. Thank you very much for your generosity.
For our healthcare heroes who are assisting at hospitals in New York and Michigan, we are also providing meals to their family members who stay behind here in Ohio.
The number of caregivers who have tested positive for the virus remains much lower than the rate of infection in our communities — and continues to decline. This gives us further assurance that hospitals are a safe place to work and receive care.
We study every positive case. We found that our safety measures, such as our guidelines around the use of personal protective equipment, are protecting caregivers.
Of those caregivers who are testing positive, few have cared for patients with COVID-19. We are confident these infections are a result of community spread and not from our workplace.
Thank you for adhering to our standards of care. You are protecting patients and your fellow caregivers, and for that, I am grateful.
Tom Mihaljevic, MD
CEO and President
This In-house Innovation Addresses Limited Supplies for Dialysis Patients Nationally During Pandemic
Sevag Demirjian, MD, Director of Critical Care Nephrology, and his team share step-by-step instructions for the in-house production of ultra-pure continuous hemodialysis fluid in this video.
We've Established a Center for Global and Emerging Pathogens Research
The new center has been in the planning stages for 18 months and will span Cleveland Clinic’s Lerner Research Institute and the soon-to-open Cleveland Clinic Florida Research and Innovation Center (FRIC) in Port St. Lucie, Florida. A team of renowned experts will lead the center to advance research toward diseases such as COVID-19, highly pathogenic influenza, Dengue fever, AIDS and Zika virus-related conditions.
Caregivers Can Reserve Dedicated Curbside Grocery Pickup Slots at Select Giant Eagle Locations
The Office of Professional Staff Affairs has worked with Giant Eagle to establish curbside grocery pickup slots reserved for healthcare workers. Curbside pickup is an option for securing groceries while minimizing interaction with others.
These dedicated pickup times can be reserved by any Cleveland Clinic caregiver and are available at Legacy Village Giant Eagle and Southland Giant Eagle.
Slots reserved for caregivers are available seven days a week between the hours of 8 a.m. – 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. Pickup slots may be selected up to five days in advance.
Use the links provided below to reserve your curbside delivery slot.
Legacy Village Giant Eagle
- 25105 Cedar Road, Lyndhurst, OH 44124
Southland Giant Eagle
- 6869 Southland Drive, Middleburg Heights, OH 44130
For more information about Giant Eagle’s curbside pickup, please refer to these FAQs.