Celebrate Sisterhood launches free COVID-19 educational webinar series
Celebrate Sisterhood – a Cleveland Clinic community outreach program for minority women – is committed to providing education and resources for women to stay healthy during these unprecedented times. On June 25, Celebrate Sisterhood will host its first-ever virtual event series, “COVID-19 Education Series: You Are Not Alone.”
COVID-19 has magnified the realities of racial disparities in the American healthcare system. Women of color continue to be disproportionately affected by chronic health conditions including diabetes, fibroids, hypertension, obesity and stroke.
The free monthly webinar series consists of seven, hour-long sessions and will cover the latest updates on the COVID-19 pandemic, mental health, nutrition, self-care and stress management.
Register for the first session – Living with COVID-19: Pivot to Recovery on June 25 from Noon - 1 p.m. Advance registration is required and all registrants will have access to view webinars on-demand at their convenience.
Click to view the full schedule of virtual seminars.
Upcoming speakers include:
- Linda Bradley, MD, OB/GYN at Cleveland Clinic and founder of Celebrate Sisterhood
- Nazleen Bharmal, MD, PhD, MPP, Medical Director, Community Partnerships, Cleveland Clinic Community Care
- Ellen Burts-Cooper, PhD, MBA, Improve Consulting and Training Group
- Joi Copeland, DDS, attending dentist at MetroHealth and COVID-19 survivor
- Timothy Del Papa, Executive Chef, Cleveland Clinic
- Terese Dews, MD, President of Cleveland Clinic Euclid Hospital
- Stephen Gordon, MD, Department Chair of Infectious Disease at Cleveland Clinic
- Rev. Amy Greene, DMin, MDiv, Director of the Center for Spiritual Care at Cleveland Clinic
- Lyla Blake Gumbs, MD, Assistant Professor, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine
- Mark Hyman, MD, head of Strategy and Innovation at Cleveland Clinic Center for Functional Medicine
- Charles Modlin, MD, urologist at Cleveland Clinic and founder of the Minority Men’s Health Fair
- Adam Myers, MD, Director of Cleveland Clinic Community Care
- Yolanda Ramos, Chef and Co-Founder of Freshly Rooted, LLC
- Eric Wells, Chef and Owner of Skye LaRae’s Culinary Services