COVID-19 patient resources
It’s important as health care professionals that we model good behavior for our patients, friends and family. Below is a variety of resources, websites and information that we encourage you to share.
Top 5 Things to Remember about the COVID-19 vaccine
- Make sure patients have a MyChart account. It is the easiest way to ensure they receive communication about a scheduling ticket. If the patient does not have access to MyChart, call 216.444.2538 for scheduling over the phone. Caregivers are available 24/7.
- A scheduling ticket to receive the COVID-19 vaccine is NOT an appointment and patients need an appointment to get the vaccine. Appointment information can be found at ClevelandClinic.org.
- The vaccine will be available to eligible patients by appointment only at our designated vaccination sites. It will not be available in our provider offices or walk-in clinics.
- Cleveland Clinic is just one way for patients to receive a vaccine. As vaccine supply is limited, they can find other locations to receive the COVID-19 vaccine near them on the Ohio Department of Health’s website.
- Even if patients have received the vaccine, they need to continue practicing existing safety measures.
Health Essentials Information & Articles
- Already Vaccinated? Here’s Why You Shouldn’t Stop Wearing Your Face Mask Yet: 5 reasons to continue wearing a mask, even after you’re vaccinated (published Feb. 2, 2021)
- What Happens When You Get the COVID-19 Vaccine? It's another tool that can help us fight the coronavirus (published Jan. 15, 2021)
- 9 Common COVID-19 Vaccine Myths Explained: No, the vaccine will not alter your DNA or give you COVID-19 (published Dec. 23, 2020)
- Flu vs. COVID-19: Can You Tell the Difference? They have many overlapping symptoms but some key differences (published Dec. 16, 2020)
- Coronavirus Tips: Prevention and Safety For Everyday Life. A comprehensive guide of coronavirus tips (published Sep. 30, 2020)
- COVID-19 website: How to Cope With the Coronavirus Pandemic
- COVID-19 vaccine myths, debunked
- Common COVID-19 side effects
- Here’s why COVID-19 vaccine gives us hope?