Our next phase of COVID-19 vaccination in Ohio: Eligible severe medical conditions
As the COVID-19 vaccination process moves forward in Ohio, we continue to adapt to best serve our patients and community.
On Feb. 15 we began vaccinating established Cleveland Clinic patients and any Ohio resident who meets the Ohio Department of Health criteria. This includes those age 65 and older and Ohioans who have one of several severe medical conditions outlined by the Ohio Department of Health (ODH), regardless of age. Established patients are those who have been seen at a Cleveland Clinic facility in the past two years.
Due to limited vaccine supply, we can only invite small groups to schedule at one time. Therefore, people may not be able to immediately schedule an appointment. We will continue to open appointment slots when we have vaccine available. When that happens, those on our waitlist will receive a notification from MyChart that they have a scheduling ticket and may make an appointment.
How our patients and general public join our waitlist and/or schedule vaccine appointments:
- If a patient has an active MyChart account and has been seen in one of our facilities in the past two years, they will receive a MyChart notification that they have a scheduling ticket and may make an appointment when we have available vaccine supply.
- If a patient has not been seen in the past two years, does not have a MyChart account or needs assistance with scheduling, they can access our web registration or call our vaccine hotline at 216.448.4117 and leave a message to sign up for our waitlist. We will reach out to help activate a MyChart account.
- For individuals of the public who are not Cleveland Clinic patients, they can access our web registration or call our vaccine hotline at 216.448.4117 and leave a message to sign up for our waitlist. We will reach out to help activate a MyChart account.
Information on severe medical conditions and vaccination
- In accordance with ODH guidance, patients with eligible severe medical conditions qualify for vaccination, regardless of age.
- For the latest list of eligible medical conditions outlined by ODH, click here and view the “COVID-19 Vaccination: Phase 1B Distribution” tab.
- Please note, providers are unable to place a vaccine order for their patients.
Important to remember
Due to the limited supply and overwhelming demand, this complex vaccination program will take several months. We appreciate that many people are eager to receive the vaccine and ask for patience as we do not yet have the supply to meet this demand. Our vaccine allocation is determined by state and federal guidance.
We want to make sure our community has every opportunity to receive the vaccine. Appointments may also be available at other hospitals, health departments and pharmacies. For more information, please visit the Ohio Department of Health website at vaccine.coronavirus.ohio.gov.
For the latest information on vaccination appointments, visit: clevelandclinic.org/covidvaccine.