COVID-19 vaccine standby list available for Ohio caregivers - new BOC location
Cleveland Clinic is continuing to provide COVID-19 vaccines to Ohioans outlined by the Ohio Department of Health (ODH).
Although caregivers are part of the general public vaccination program, based on age and medical conditions, there are times when COVID-19 vaccine doses may become available to Ohio caregivers. If patients do not show for appointments or cancel, we want to ensure every vaccine dose we have is used.
An online standby list has been created for caregivers who wish to receive a vaccine at Akron General Health & Wellness Center in Bath, the BOC in Independence, Fairview Hospital, Hillcrest North Campus (Across the street from Hillcrest Hospital), Langston Hughes Community Health & Education Center, main campus and Medina Hospital when extra doses are available. The standby list clears on Sundays and reopens again Monday morning and interested caregivers will need to resubmit their information.
Caregivers who submit their names to the standby list confirm they are able to be at their selected vaccination location within 30 minutes of being called.
Unfortunately, there are no exceptions. If you are late, you will not be able to get the vaccine.
What you need to do
- Click here to add your name and information to the standby list for the current week.
- Select your desired vaccination location from the following: Bath, BOC, Fairview, Hillcrest, Langston Hughes, main campus or Medina.
- Submit your name, work assignment, desired location, contact phone number and confirm your ability to meet the 30 minute arrival window.
- By adding your name, you acknowledge you’re able to be at the vaccination site you’ve chosen within 30 minutes of being contacted. If you are unable to arrive – meaning you are able to check-in for your appointment – within 30 minutes, the vaccine dose will be given to the next person on the standby list.
- If you do not see a specific location as an option, it means the standby list for that location is full and no longer accepting names. You are able to try again each Monday.
Important to know
- Vaccination slots for the week are not guaranteed. This will be determined each day and only in the event there may be left over vaccine available.
- Caregivers must answer the phone number provided when called as the caller will not re-attempt to call back or leave a voicemail message.
- The standby list clears on Sundays and reopens again Monday morning.
- Caregivers should have an active MyChart account to be able to schedule their second dose.
- Caregivers should complete the ReadySet survey prior to arrival for their vaccine appointment.
- Please note that your second dose may not be scheduled at a precise 21 or 28 day interval from the first, as we are adding appointment slots into available existing schedules. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices allows for up to 42 days between the first and second dose of COVID-19 vaccines.
- This standby list is for Cleveland Clinic caregivers only and does not include family members or dependents.
If you are a caregiver who is already scheduled for your vaccine, please do not add your name to the standby list.
Because of limited vaccine doses, please know that signing up for the standby list does not guarantee you will receive a vaccine dose. Thank you for your patience during this time.
Cleveland Clinic Vaccine Locations
Cleveland Clinic Main Campus – Intercontinental Hotel
9801 Carnegie Ave
Cleveland, Ohio 44106
Cleveland Clinic Akron General Health & Wellness Center, Bath
4125 Medina Rd
Akron, OH 44333
Cleveland Clinic Fairview Hospital
18101 Lorain Ave
Cleveland, Ohio 44111
Cleveland Clinic Medina Hospital
1000 E. Washington St
Medina, OH 44256
Hillcrest North Campus (Across the street from Hillcrest Hospital)
6777 Mayfield Rd
Mayfield Heights, Ohio 44124
Langston Hughes Community Health & Education Center (Mondays only)
2390 E 79th St
Cleveland, OH 44104
Cleveland Clinic Business Operations Center (Beginning March 23)
6801 Brecksville Road
Independence, Ohio 44131