What are the benefits and risks of the diagnostic laparoscopy for organ examination?
The benefit of the procedure is that it helps your doctor make the most accurate diagnosis of your condition.
As with any procedure there are risks, although minimal:
- Complications of general anesthesia
- Injury to the abdominal organs and blood vessels
- Inflammation of the abdominal wall
- A blood clot that could enter the bloodstream causing clotting in the legs, pelvis, or lungs
- A clot that could travel to the heart or brain where it could cause a heart attack or stroke (rare)