What are the benefits of a walking program?
A regular walking program is important and will help you:
- Increase the length of time you are able to walk before needing to rest.
- Reduce your leg pain.
- Improve or maintain muscle tone.
- Lose weight or maintain your weight, especially when combined with dietary changes.
- Reduce your risk factors for a heart attack or stroke.
- Improve your overall sense of well-being and reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression.
- Improve your quality of life.