Who is at high risk of complications from testicular prosthesis implantation?
Those with the following conditions face a higher risk of complications:
- Diabetics and those with a suppressed immune system, as their chances for infection are increased
- An already existing infection anywhere in the body
- Untreated cancer anywhere in the body
- Previous surgery on the scrotum
What are possible complications of testicular prosthesis implantation surgery?
Known complications of testicular prosthesis insertion include:
- Hematoma (pooling of blood in the scrotum)
- Dissatisfaction with appearance following surgery
- Scarring around the implant
- Shifting of the prosthesis out of position
- Rupture or leaking of the prosthesis
- The prosthesis being expelled from the body (this usually means that the device is infected)