What are the risks of an adrenalectomy?
Generally, complications from open adrenalectomy can be higher than laparoscopic adrenalectomy. Laparoscopic surgery does have some risks, including:
- Blood clots
- Bleeding or infections
- Damage to nearby organs in the body
- High blood pressure
- Reactions to anesthesia and medicines
- Wound problems or hernias
What are the benefits of laparoscopic adrenalectomy?
Some benefits include:
- Smaller scars
- Less risk of hernias
- Reduced post operation pain
- Shorter hospital stay (often 2-3 days)
- Shorter recovery time (2-3 weeks)