When to seek help
Seek assistance if you:
- Experience a marked decline in work/school performance.
- Have excessive anxiety.
- Misuse alcohol or drugs.
- Are unable to cope with demands of daily life.
- Have irrational fears.
- Have an obsessive preoccupation with food and fear of becoming obese with no relationship to actual body weight.
- Experience significant change in sleeping or eating habits.
- Have persistent physical ailments and complaints.
- Have suicidal thoughts or urge to hurt others.
- Engage in self-mutilation, self-destructive, or dangerous behavior.
- Have a sustained withdrawn mood or behavior.