When should I call my healthcare provider if I am a woman experiencing issues with sexual function?

Many women experience a problem with sexual function from time to time. However, when the problems are persistent, they can cause distress for the woman and her partner, and have a negative impact on a relationship. If you consistently experience these problems—especially pain during intercourse—for more than a few months, see your healthcare provider for evaluation and treatment.

Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy