Can male sexual dysfunction be prevented?
While male sexual dysfunction cannot be prevented, dealing with the causes of the dysfunction can help you better understand and cope with the problem when it happens. To help maintain good sexual function you should follow the same program that is recommended to maintain cardiovascular health.
- Follow your doctor’s treatment plan for any of your medical/health conditions.
- Limit your alcohol intake.
- Quit smoking.
- Eat a heart healthy diet (the Mediterranean diet is often recommended).
- Get regular aerobic and weight building exercise.
- Get treatment if needed for any emotional or psychological problems such as stress, depression and anxiety.
- Communicate better and more often with your partner.