What does treatment for addiction do?
- Interrupts the life-threatening, self-perpetuating cycle.
- Promotes abstinence. (Cutting down doesn't work.)
- Removes the sick thinking.
- Provides a new way to think, feel and act.
- Overcomes avoidance, stigma and shame.
- Provides constantly available support and help.
- Clears up physical effects on the body.
- Promotes rebuilding of shattered lives and families.
- Provides connections to support systems such as family, church and peer recovery groups.