When should I call my doctor or seek immediate help?
Call 911 if:
- You are experiencing the “worst headache of your life.”
- You are having neurologic symptoms that you have never had before, including speaking difficulty, balance problems, vision problems, mental confusion, seizures or numbing/tingling sensations.
- Your headache comes on suddenly.
- You have a headache after experiencing a head injury.
Schedule a visit with your doctor if:
- The number or severity of your headaches increase or your headache pattern changes.
- Your medications no longer seem to be working or you are experiencing new or different side effects.